Bachar Houli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Has said on Triple MMM Footy, that he tore his calf just after Vlaustin got knocked out, but had to keep playing.

Amazing effort from him.
plays for the team, deserves another year. I think Dimma did indicate that at his press conference.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
My respect for this bloke knows no bounds.

If lists are cut by the AFL, he's a classic example of a 'player-coach' in waiting.

Why not give him a mentoring role next season?

Apart from being measured and articulate, he is the ultimate standard-setter.

These blokes don't grow on trees.

Reactions: 5 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Courageous to play out the game but probably should have been a very late out before the game. I’m the pregame warm up (right in front of me on the wing) he was having his calf massaged by the trainer. Very lucky this did not backfire on us.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Courageous to play out the game but probably should have been a very late out before the game. I’m the pregame warm up (right in front of me on the wing) he was having his calf massaged by the trainer. Very lucky this did not backfire on us.

That wouldn't be unusual for someone with a history of calf issues to be doing pre-game.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Even an injured Bachar never left anything on the park such was his commitment to the Tiger cause. I wonder if this latest calf issue will be a precursor for him to decide to retire? after all he has nothing else to prove on the field, at the club and as a person

Reactions: 1 users

deedee

Tiger Rookie
Sep 12, 2011
Hate hearing Calf injury in older players, once they start popping they seem to keep popping.

• Sad

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
Yep Markov should have played. Not great from Bach if he knew it was iffy before the game.
He did say he'd had the same feeling twice in the last six weeks but it never bothered him before. He would have pulled out if he thought he was injured pre game

Reactions: 7 users

harrybamboo

Tiger Cub
May 26, 2007
London
Champion. Played out the game. Few players make it to the end of the season 100% and no one knows when injury will hit.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We'll never win 4 Premierships with players like Houli in our team

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just saw on the bottom of my TV that he's saying he's close to another deal. :)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
There’s 2 Champions of the club who I think should be really well managed next year and that’s Houli and Reiwoldt, the soft tissues are starting to become common for Houli and Jacks starting to show signs of been a pack crashing key forward for over 250 games , all been well I’d like to see them play 2/3s of the season.

Reactions: 3 users