Baseball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Baseball

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I notice their are a few baseball fans here so I was wondering if any of you have played the game?

I played baseball for quite a few years for a couple of clubs in Victoria and NSW and it would be interesting to know if I may have crossed paths with some of you at any stage. I love playing the game but without Pray TV I don't get the chance to watch any of the American games.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Tiga. I've never played for a team, but used to muck around with mates a bit when i was younger. Wish I had though and am actually thinking about trying to get into it now.

Do you follow a team in the MLB at all? I get pay tv almost solely on the fact you can watch MLB games.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Disco, I Like the Detroit Tigers but in the past I have also followed teams that Graeme Lloyd has pitched for. I remember when I was playing of Ormond/Glenhuntly Hunters I did some warmup catching for Lloydie at a VIC v QLD game at the lake oval back in the late 80's. My hand was red raw afterwards as I was not a catcher by trade and he is without doubt the fastest pitcher I have ever had to catch to. Dave Clarkson was catcher for our team who at that time was the Australian catcher. A very handy player to have in our team. I also had a trial for the Waverly reds at the time but was not quite up to scratch.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We love baseball on here tiga tails. Especially the Red Sox ! Well, me and Disco Inferno do anyway. (But we'll let you follow Detroit, coz' at least they aren't the Yankees !)

That would have been awesome catching Lloyd. I've always wondered what it would be like to catch a major leaguer. It must really smack the glove then ?

It must be a real art form , catching. The way the ball moves about so much and all. Especially those knuckleball pitchers. They look very difficult to catch for.

blackandyellowmatt

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Pakenham
Are you still playing tiga?
I'm playing for the Cougars out at Berwick during the summer and the Res Sox in Traralgon for the winter.
The Australian National league is starting up again in the next year or 2.
I can't wait.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
It's been an extraordinary year for unlikely sporting championships with Leicester City, Western Bulldogs, Cronulla and now the Chicago Cubs.
And STILL the RFC miss out!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
23.21.159 said:
It's been an extraordinary year for unlikely sporting championships with Leicester City, Western Bulldogs, Cronulla and now the Chicago Cubs.
And STILL the RFC miss out!

Amazing huh? Well done to the Cubs after 108 years. Maybe there's something in the numbers... ;D

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Disco08 said:
Tiga. I've never played for a team, but used to muck around with mates a bit when i was younger. Wish I had though and am actually thinking about trying to get into it now.

Do you follow a team in the MLB at all? I get pay tv almost solely on the fact you can watch MLB games.
How you like them apples brother!

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
So the Boston Red Sox win their fourth World Series in 15 years after enduring an 86 year drought.
Always likened the Red Sox to the RFC ... a big club but not quite the biggest.
I remember leaving a game at Fenway Park many years ago and being struck by how the walk past the pubs of the inner suburbs at that time on a Saturday afternoon was so reminiscent of leaving the G and walking through Richmond.
Hopefully we can emulate the way they've continued their success.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
23.21.159 said:
So the Boston Red Sox win their fourth World Series in 15 years after enduring an 86 year drought.
Always likened the Red Sox to the RFC ... a big club but not quite the biggest.
I remember leaving a game at Fenway Park many years ago and being struck by how the walk past the pubs of the inner suburbs at that time on a Saturday afternoon was so reminiscent of leaving the G and walking through Richmond.
Hopefully we can emulate the way they've continued their success.

Redford and Disco08 will be partying tonight.