Ben Holland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Holland

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
;)My first post but have been following this site for some time.
I was at training on monday and THE standout was Dutchy who was doing everything. He looks really fit and I would not be surprised to see him in the seniors within 2 weeks.
Andy Krakouer on the other hand still is wearing a knee brace and looked to be moving at 75% (but doesn't he always).
Other observations - Dunc didn't do any running and neither did Billy Nicholls who later told me he had a back problem but would still probably play for Coburg this week, Flemming still has his arm in a cast but did everything, Rogers kicking is still poor, Schulz and Dragga looked good and must be in contention

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome Mole, at least it's good gossip to hear this time.
Look forward to your 'scoops' as the year progresses. :)
(I might still leave Dutchy in my Dream Team going on that info)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The Mole said:
;)My first post but have been following this site for some time.
I was at training on monday and THE standout was Dutchy who was doing everything. He looks really fit and I would not be surprised to see him in the seniors within 2 weeks.

Other observations - Dunc didn't do any running

Supposedly, Dunc is out for at least 2 weeks with a hammy.

Although I happy Dutchy is training well - let's not bring him back to early. He needs match practice and coburg is the place for that I reckon.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I popped down to training today.

Dunc was still in rehab, but everybody else was out there.

Nicholls looked to moving alright. Dutchy was playing in competitve stuff and really getting involved, Dragga was in the forward line and had Darren Crocker in his ear non stop pushing him to attack each contest. Chaff looked awesome as did Rodan.
Jay Shultz should by pass Coburg and come straight in for Vardy. As many have mentioned, he has some ability.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Can someone please explain to me how come we've been told for the last month that Ben Holland is 4-6 weeks? And yet by all reports from people on this messageboard, Dutch looks great, fit and strong. Sure I don't want him to come back before he is ready but maybe the club could be a bit more reliable with their information.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Julz the club have been very consistant with the info about Dutchy imo.
I explained last time this was mentioned when the club said 6 weeks or so, that included two weeks of pre season and would have made his return about round 4.
They are still saying he'll return around then.
It doesn't matter how fit he looks he has to get the strength back into his leg etc.
I think we've been given pretty spot on info about Dutchy, but you also have to bear in mind that time could be added when he started full training as the leg adjusts to the new pressure etc of full on training.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
julzqld said:
Can someone please explain to me how come we've been told for the last month that Ben Holland is 4-6 weeks? And yet by all reports from people on this messageboard, Dutch looks great, fit and strong. Sure I don't want him to come back before he is ready but maybe the club could be a bit more reliable with their information.

Julz,

I was at a dinner on Wednesday nigth and I can assure you that the clubs reports on Dutchy (4-6 weeks) are 100% accurate.

The plan is (as I posted on my Otto update) for Dutch to play for Coburg within the next 2-3 weeks. Play at least 2 probably 3 games with Coburg and before being considered for selection in the seniors.

Rosy is right. I saw him running around at training in Feb and he looked super fit. But running around and full on training are totally different. As is the level of competition at Coburg compared to the AFL. I know we are missing him down back but I think the Club's approach with Dutchy is spot on (same with Dragga for that matter).

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Thanks guys - just needed a bit of reassurance :-\

Bit impatient here - have to rely on the net and you guys as we don't get all the goss up here.

Oooh - 101 posts!