BEST GAMES I"VE SEEN! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BEST GAMES I"VE SEEN!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sintiger said:
I remember being concerned after the last round because we lost badly to South melbourne who were no good and lost top spot and the double chance after being there all year.

One journo by the name of Bob Crimeen wrote us off after that. His match report was titled "TIGERS YOU ARE GONE".

Sintiger said:
I remember that game now you mention it. We all thought we had found a gun CHF in Foley to replace Cloke who had defected to the scum at the end of 82. He played just 13 games over 3 years and kicked 9 goals in total .

He looked like a footballer alright. Never did much apart from that one day in the mud though.

EJC

Tiger Rookie
Dec 1, 2010
Ballarat
It's funny the games that stick in the mind - Rd 17, 1991. The long trek to Windy Hill on a truly dreadful day; mud, drizzle and a Tiger side that had only won three games for the season.

Up against Watson, Salmon, Daniher, Madden, Wanganeen, O'Donnell, etc. Richmond battled its way to a 23 point win - despite not scoring a goal in the first term. Weightman had 23 touches and finished with 3 goals, Turner snagged a couple and the unheralded Craig Smith had 30 kicks.

Needless to say, the victory was celebrated with a frothy or three...

HK Tiger

Tiger Tough
Nov 2, 2003
Have to say I have a few pearlers I can remember.... Second semi replay 1972 we killed Carlton and should have won the flag. best ever was 1973 Prelim final coming from 6 goals down, Royce Hart on 1 leg coming on as 19th man at half time inspired win.
Remember another beauty at Footscray 1980, Roach and others kicked tons, great win by over 100 points. GF 1980 was also a ripper. Loved 1995 finals game against Essendon but for me 1973 GF day was the best. I went at 8am and watched 3rds, then Reserves and then firsts win the flag. Watched whole final series Tigers played in. Fantastic
Another great recent few games - Brisbane 2008, I dont think I have yelled so much. ANYTIME beating Collingwood and Jacks 10 goal game against the eagles. Also must add Richos 10 vs Bulldogs.....

AllHart

Shota Original
Dec 11, 2005
Melbourne
www.youtube.com
Beating Fremantle in 2010 at Etihad Stadium was a great win. The last quarter was fantastic. I have 2 unforgettable memories:

1. I was working at Etihad that day on level 3 checking tickets etc. In the last quarter I was jumping up and down with all the other Richmond supporters until my supervisor suddenly appeared. I stopped cheering. However it turned out that my supervisor was also a Richmond supporter - and he was worse then me when it came to cheering. We both started shouting and yelling for the mighty Tigers along with everyone else.

2. There was this Richmond supporter on level 3 near where I was working. Anyway he "wasn't the full quid" so to speak - maybe a Collingwood reject. Anyway in the exciting last quarter he became extremely emotional, worked-up and very vocal. Some of the Richmond supporters were looking at him strangely as if to say "shut-up". Eventually some Richmond supporters looked at me to do something. The problem was that he was actually supporting and cheering for our team - RICHMOND!!!! So I said to the upset supporters "Well do you want me to do something about him?" They took another look at this cheering, yelling and over-excited fruitcake and said "No, leave him alone". If he was a Freo supporter their reply would have been different!