Best sports placards you have seen? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Best sports placards you have seen?

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Back a fair while ago when Matt Hayden was scoring runs galore but unable to crack it for a spot in the Aussie cricket team....... at a Gabba Test match some fan had a large placard which read:-

The only thing bigger than Hayden's average is Tubby Taylor's backside

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Any of those *smile* weak efforts on butchers paper Indian cricket fans come up with are pretty *smile* funny i reckon as they are so lame.

Spose they are easier to manufacture into effigies for burning later on.

;D

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"Who's minding the Kwik-E-Mart?" - seen at the cricket during India's previous tour. You'd probably get thrown out for it these days
:rotfl

A few years back it might well have been "Who's running VicRail?" when we were playing the Sri Lankans. They used to dominate the platforms around the City. Not sure who does these days.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
2143.jpg

8)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"Who's minding the Kwik-E-Mart?" - seen at the cricket during India's previous tour. You'd probably get thrown out for it these days.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
OK, I know it isn't a placard, but I really liked the following headline in a British paper after England lost to Sweden

Swedes 2 - Turnips 0

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Streak said:
OK, I know it isn't a placard, but I really liked the following headline in a British paper after England lost to Sweden

Swedes 2 - Turnips 0
:hihi