Biddiscombe the Flood Buster! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Biddiscombe the Flood Buster!

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
IMO the key to beating the "flood" is to have people in your backline capable of consistently kicking 50m+. Biddiscombe on his day fits this role perfectly. All we need to do is keep a couple of guys along the half forward line ready to receive his mighty roosts!

Can you imagine this...Tivendale kicks out to Biddiscombe, Biddiscombe long roost to Cameron, Cameron in the clear 55m out....GOAL!!!

If we could do this consistently it would totally negate the flood. If we put faith in our backmen, throw a spare man along the half forward flank, this could actually work! Even if these guys are down on form, we have a few others that can kick long also...Bowden, Houlihan, Fiora, Ottens, Richo and Stafford. (let me know if I've missed anyone)

If you look at all the games we have won (except freo in the second half) there has been a lot of long direct footy played. I don't know about anyone else but I can see the pattern.

I love your GOAL scenerio tiga, and it's a good option as long as they don't fall into the bomb it long at all costs game plan. There's too much scope to turn it over that way.

I actually like the run we get off the half back line and linking with our new midfield.

I put a lot of this down to Chaff's efforts. When Dutchy comes back Andy can play a similar role more too.

I like moving targets receiving the ball....run, one bounce, look and find a target to hit.

I think Joel has got into trouble a few times this year by having a bounce too many and limiting his options though.

The best thing is not to be predictable either way I spose, and use whichever option is right at the time to keep posession of the ball.

I think Joel has got into trouble a few times this year by having a bounce too many and limiting his options though.
That is an understatement Rosy :p

God bless his little cotton socks