Bill BARRETT alledged to have had a Heart Attack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bill BARRETT alledged to have had a Heart Attack

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
It was reported over on TT that Tiger Legend Billy BARROT was taken to Epworth Hospital after suffering a heart attack during todays Dirty Dog Cup at Punt Road.

Anyone can confirm or dispell this rumour.

That is always a risk wtih these sort of games.

Hoping that he is okay.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
An ambulance did come to the ground with sirens going and left with sirens going, so it is probably true

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Originally posted by TheFoxhat on bigfooty
At the tiger legends V corparate allies game at punt rd today Billy Barrot had a heart attack at half time the ambulance was called & is in hospital ,last reports he has been Stabilised ....

Originally posted by wagstaff on bigfooty
The Ch. 7 report said that he'd intended to only play 5-10 minutes but was enjoying himself so much that he decided to play longer.

He apparently died twice in the ambulance and was revived by the ambulance people.

He was said to have currently stablisied.

rbartlett

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 6, 2003
www.rhettrospective.com
Breaking News

Breaking News that has come through tonight.
Reports suggest that Bill Barrott has suffered a heart attack. Reports suggest he is currently in hospital recuperating.
Our thoughts are with Bill and his family.

www.rhettrospective.com
Rhett Bartlett.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Re:Breaking News

Best wishes to Billy. Hope he uses all of his fighting spirit to pull through.

A great player from the era when Tiger players were tough and the opposition feared them.

Any goss from the dinner on Sat night Rhett? ;)

rbartlett

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 6, 2003
www.rhettrospective.com
Re:Breaking News

It has been confirmed that Bill Barrott suffered a massive heartattack whilst in the Richmond change rooms after his performance on the ground.
Reports confirm, Bill stopped breathing upon which time CPR was started.
A doctor on the scene at the ground, was the same doctor who treated Bali bombing survivors.
Rreports suggest without the immediate medical attention that Mr Barrott received, he would have died.
Bill is currently in Intensive Care.

www.rhettrospective.com
Rhett Bartlett

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Seeing a thread had already been started about Bill's heart attack I decided to merge them and see what happened. Have never tried that before, but now I can't find out how to un-merge them.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Fortunately the Doctor at the ground was our former Club Doctor and current Victorian of the Year (sorry his names escapes me). He was the Doctor that helped over in Bali after the bombings.

Seven News said that Bill Barrott was in a stable condition at Epworth Hospital

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Gees Rosy I was wondering what the hell happened there......I was attempting to reply to Rhetts message and kept getting this message that I wasn't allowed to enter this area.

Then when I went to back out it said that this topic did not exist on this board.

Was starting to wonder if I was losing the plot....(even more).....

rbartlett

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 6, 2003
www.rhettrospective.com
I can confirm there were 2 former players present at the time of the incident, as well as two media representatives. It appears thier swift action assisted in his survival.
Latest report I have a few moments ago suggest he is in Intensive Care

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
I am in complete shock. I am not old enough to have seen him play, but he is a richmond icon, and i heard stories about him, and seen some footage. I hope that all is well, and i pass on my best wishes to him and his family.