Birdman medal for the rudest head in AFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Birdman medal for the rudest head in AFL

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Why don't we start a poll for the rudest head in the AFL.
We could have a past and present award
As it's a tribute to the "Birdman" he is exempt

My vote for the present would have to be Paul medhust with that roadkill of a haircut. Actually he looks a bit like the feral kid from MAD MAX 2. ;D

My vote for the past would have to be Warwick Capper.
Need I say more?? Peroxide can only hide so much! ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Present: M Martyn (Carlscum)
Past : G Hocking (Girlong)
S O' Dwyer (Melbourne Club and the Mighty Tiges)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Don't remind me of O'Dwyer. I was hoping i'd never hear that name again.

Present: Barry Hall, Peter Everitt. (Both absolute shockers). Brett Burton not far off.
Past: Hocking without a doubt.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Present, though he's not always there, ha....Anfony Rocca by miles. Scarey guy.

Past, Craig Lambert......The Brisbane version, not the Tiger player of course. ;D

( 8) I'm ashamed to be participating in this, so posting in disguise, ha. 8) )

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Present: Cameron Ling, Micky Martyn, Sean Wellman, Barry Hall, Collingwood cheer squad.
Past: Robby Muir (psycho as well), Mark "Jacko" Jackson.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I have a story that is 1 degree of seperation about Robby Muir LOL it involves running out of petrol in the middle of nowhere (hume highway near Glenrowan maybe) and being picked up by his then gf while we were hitch hiking.... she took us to the servo about 15ks and we had a chat along the way. This all happened about a week or two after he had been on the footy show and thrown the desk over and sworn and carried on.We talked about that and she told me it was a big put on, which was hardly a surprise... anyway the reason she was headed back to Melbourne was because she had gotten a call from the Fitzroy police saying 'Robbie is drunk again and mis-behavin can ya come and get him!!

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
no my votes stand tiga but maybe present day Akermanis is worth a vote also.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Worst hairstyle ever - Derek Kickett closely followed by Dermott Brereton in his mullett phase

Currently - Clive Waterhouse/Fraser Gerhig

Rudest head ever - Michael Long/John Ironmonger

Currently - Mick "Freddy Kruger" Martyn/ Mathew Lappin

Rudest *smile* - The King

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Why is everyone so mean to Micky Martyn. :'( :'(

I think he's cute, ha. He is an extremely nice guy too.

I got a heap of Mick head cutouts at a North game once....well my son did, and they make a good decoration on the poolroom wall.
Ok one is a dartboard but that's beside the point. ;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Mick Martyn reminds me of that simpleton Goliath in Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome "Master Blaster" that he battles in the dome. Had nightmares about that guy.

You can only like Mick Martyn in the way that you could like a limping dog.

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
What about Wayne Weideman from Adelaide?

Cameron Ling of the current players has the rudest head. Shane O'Bree isn't far behind!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
AHAHAHAHA, yeh Weideman was one ugly dude! Lets not mention his hair do.

You can add the Jarman brothers, Chris McDermott and Rodney Maynard to the list of ferals the Crows have produced.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Darren Jarman looked like a toy monkey my sister had. UGLY

One guy who I though had a rude nut was tiger up and comer Chris Newman. But my mum thinks he is a good looker so there goes that one.

Robbie McGhie