Bitcoin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bitcoin

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Something changed a few weeks ago that lead to the current bitcoin spam epidemic. Some new way to trade or something, I think. I would say those who got in early and made some dough are the only winners. This thing will continue to go south now, IMO.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
evo said:
How do you know I didn't like it on the way up?

As for considering it now, the benefit is we've now seen how high it could potentially go again. Not saying this is necessarily the bottom, but it's a healthy retracemnt.
Just a hunch. That logic would have meant you'd see the Nikkei 225 as a good investment post the 1989 high of 39,000, which has managed to scratch it's way back to 23,000, 30 years later.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Giardiasis said:
Just a hunch. That logic would have meant you'd see the Nikkei 225 as a good investment post the 1989 high of 39,000, which has managed to scratch it's way back to 23,000, 30 years later.

The same logic that says if you eat a bowl of ice cream because it's on special you'd also eat a bowl of tripe at a bargain price :vomit

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Giardiasis said:
true enough.

But I think the future for the crypto currencies is a lot bright than the Nikkei or even the Dow though.

Ultimately the government, banks and the general powers-that-be will try to talk them down because they challenge their long standing hegemony but cryptos are here to stay. The only real question is which ones will be the ultimate winners. It's the biggest change since Microsoft and Apple monopolised computers, Youtube online viewing, Amazon online selling and Google online searching

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
With the ~20min wait for Bitcoin updates to occur, it will never be the cryptocoin of choice. The other cryptos that offer near real time transaction confirmations are the ones that have a chance of surviving.

Tiger_mitch

Tiger Cub
Oct 11, 2016
Baloo said:
With the ~20min wait for Bitcoin updates to occur, it will never be the cryptocoin of choice. The other cryptos that offer near real time transaction confirmations are the ones that have a chance of surviving.
Such as?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tiger_mitch said:

Ripple, NEM, Monero and Litecoin and the ones I know are significantly faster. Ripple is the fastest by a long shot.