Blast from the Past - JD's Four'nTwenty Pie ad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blast from the Past - JD's Four'nTwenty Pie ad

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks to Pattie's Pies, owners of Four'n Twenty pies who gave us this trip down memory lane to show on PRE.  They don't make ads like that any more.  They make the pies better now though. ;D

This is the link.  It's also on the TigerTV page for future reference.

Bus.jpg

I havent seen the clip yet (download speed is shocking) but I remember the ad as a kid and was fantastic. A time when meat pies were good, footy was great, the players human and most of all Richmond was king. Other players NYT would be Tuddy (Des Tuddenham) from the scums, Bobby Skilton. I'll try and download to remember the others

Just saw it again, Jezza is first up with Brian Mynott (I think) the blond St Kilda ruckman next to him, Bobby Skilton on the other side, Tuddy is standing with the pie, Kevin Murray the great Fitzroy backman is there and EJ himself. Some partial shots of guys I cant recognise.

Great to see beloved Jack again :clap

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Great to see beloved Jack again  :clap

I think so too CM. I chuckle each time I watch it, so cute. It's really good of Patties to let us have it. :thumbsup

rosy23 said:
Thanks to Pattie's Pies, owners of Four'n Twenty pies who gave us this trip down memory lane to show on PRE.  They don't make ads like that any more.  They make the pies better now though. ;D

This is the link.  It's also on the TigerTV page for future reference.

Bus.jpg
What!!!!! Patties owns Four'n? How can this be? Who's pies do we get in the bag now? Both companies had distinctly different pies, how the hell are we going to get choice of flavour or competition in price if PPPPPPPatties owns it all. Thank god for mrs mac's, yay for the little battler.
AH BUGGER IT! If I drink enough cans and bury em in enough sauce they'll all taste the same and I can just point at the pie warmer and grunt, I'll still get a pie and won't have to try and remember the brand ;D

TigerMasochist said:
What!!!!! Patties owns Four'n? How can this be? Who's pies do we get in the bag now? Both companies had distinctly different pies, how the hell are we going to get choice of flavour or competition in price if PPPPPPPatties owns it all. Thank god for mrs mac's, yay for the little battler.
AH BUGGER IT! If I drink enough cans and bury em in enough sauce they'll all taste the same and I can just point at the pie warmer and grunt, I'll still get a pie and won't have to try and remember the brand ;D

Patties bought Four'n'Twenty back from its previous American owners some time ago. At least Four'n'Twenty is Australian owned again. ;)

TM I think the translation of your post means thanks to PPPatties for providing the ad for us doesn't it? :hihi

rosy23 said:
TM I think the translation of your post means thanks to PPPatties for providing the ad for us doesn't it? :hihi
Did we get a freebie ??? Well if thats the case a big thank you to the mob from Patties ( pretty sure the original owners of Patties are clogwogs, wonderfull generous people them clogwogs)
There I was busy stressing out over Patties taking over the entire Aussie pie market that I hardly even noticed that we scored a freebie ;D.
Hope we didn't pay that mob of septics from simplot to many dollars to buy our Fourn's back from them.