Bledisloe Cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bledisloe Cup

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
Good win by the Aussies tonight. I'm just watching the replay and they are showing the Kiwi's doing the Haka. I have to say that as good a tradition as it is for the Kiwi's, I can't understand why we should have to sit there and watch them do it. You don't see us carrying Didgeridoo's out there and performing our native people's dances so why should we watch them parade around like that. If they want to do the Haka then they can do it in their huddle before the game. I'd love to see an Aussie team turn their backs and walk away one day, I really would.

Ban the Haka!

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
jayfox said:
Good win by the Aussies tonight. I'm just watching the replay and they are showing the Kiwi's doing the Haka. I have to say that as good a tradition as it is for the Kiwi's, I can't understand why we should have to sit there and watch them do it. You don't see us carrying Didgeridoo's out there and performing our native people's dances so why should we watch them parade around like that. If they want to do the Haka then they can do it in their huddle before the game. I'd love to see an Aussie team turn their backs and walk away one day, I really would.

Ban the Haka!

They did when Eales was captain....and we got smashed by them! :help

But yes, I was keeping an eye on the score while at the Dome tonight.
Had a mate over at the 'G, and we were 'trading' scores throughout the night......thought I was on a winner as the All-Blacks were up, and the Tiges were up.....but the last 20 minutes of both games stuffed it for me. :'(

Least one of my teams won tonight. 8)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good to see us fix up the Sheep Shaggers :clap ;D

Thim Orl Blix will be hud to beet in the wurld Cup tho EH BRO!!

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Liverpool said:
jayfox said:

Ban the Haka!

They did when Eales was captain....and we got smashed by them! :help

But yes, I was keeping an eye on the score while at the Dome tonight.
Had a mate over at the 'G, and we were 'trading' scores throughout the night......thought I was on a winner as the All-Blacks were up, and the Tiges were up.....but the last 20 minutes of both games stuffed it for me. :'(

Least one of my teams won tonight. 8)
david campese ignored the haka mate,he went and practised his goalkicking while they did it. hahaha
i think it was in the 1991 world cup semi when he ran rings around `em.
what a legend he was.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Have a few Kiwi mates and they reckon that dead set if the ALL BLIX dont win the World Cup this year there will be riots over in EN ZUD

Stripes

Come on Tiges...LIFT!!!
Oct 19, 2006
All Blacks on fire tonight, although a great drop goal by Matt Giteau lifted the Wallabies spirit.

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
craig said:
Have a few Kiwi mates and they reckon that dead set if the ALL BLIX dont win the World Cup this year there will be riots over in EN ZUD

Yep, having been over in NZ recently, that summed up the general feeling about the All Blacks.

They were livid after the MCG game, one taxi driver was breathing fire when he was talking about it...confidence in their side's ability to win certainly isn't a problem...

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
The All-Blacks are chokers when it comes to World Cups.
I'll be surprised if they win this one in October too, especially when it took until the 2nd half of the last game over there, to win the Tri-Nations.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Sounded like a ripping game today - 16 all, wallabies had a shot after the siren, hit the post, went back into play and was up and down the ground for another 8 minutes after full time.

Got to within inches of AB line, they failed to go for a drop shot

Missed the game, weird time slot

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There were at least 3 turnovers after the penalty attempt hit the post. I'm surprised neither team attempted a dropgoal.

Wallabies ending the game a draw was the right thing to do. Both teams were exhausted but the All Blacks probably had more in them thanks to the crowd.

Reactions: 1 user

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Probably one of the better efforts from the Wallabies in recent times.

Also, just nice not to get spanked by the Kiwis again...

For anyone who follows the rugby, what do you think of the new coach, plan and players? Not asking for much hey... :)