Blumfield set for senior recall (RFC website) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blumfield set for senior recall (RFC website)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Blumfield set for senior recall
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
4:44:27 PM Tue 8 July, 2003

Former Essendon premiership star Justin Blumfield is almost certain to be rushed back into Richmond's side for Saturday's critical match against Geelong at Telstra Dome.

Blumfield resumed playing with Coburg Tigers against Tasmania in the VFL last Sunday after missing more than two months with a serious thigh injury. He tore his thigh muscle away from the bone during Richmond's Round 4 victory over St Kilda at Telstra Dome on Easter Monday (April 21) just as he was starting to find touch with his new AFL club.

A solid three-goal 'comeback' effort for Coburg down in Tassie last weekend is bound to convince the Richmond selectors that he's ready for senior action again.

"Justin kicked two goals in the first quarter and looked pretty good," said Richmond's Football Manager Greg Hutchison.

"He got a bit tired after that, which was to be expected, given the time he's had out. Overall, however, he worked fairly solidly and got through the game well, which was most pleasing because we need him back playing good football for us.

"It's hard to know how he'll go second-up from a long spell, but I'm sure that when the coaches sit down and have a look at it, they'll be eyeing an interchange spot for someone of Justin's calibre."