Richmond is lucky | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond is lucky

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's a pity that the Saints and Dogs are so crap this year, it's take media focus off Richmond.

We hear crap like Danny's contract will be negotiated early next season, and hardly a murmour from the journos.

We hear Danny say things that would have lesser people believe we are premiership material, and it's ignored.

His up to our eyeballs comments rival Grant Thomas's "We're a better team that Richmond, we just didn't beat them" comment for top spot on the Richter scale for cringeworthiness.

We are the worst performed team in the league. The only one to have lost the last 6 games.

Noone would be aware reading the papers that Richmond aren't getting flogged simply because they are so defensive. The game Richmond plays doesn't look designed for winning, but more for damage control.

Where is the belief and passion that it's their right to go out there and win games.

There's no public mention that we have very few young players coming on. We don't have list full of enthusiasm like Geelong or the Saints who mightn't be winning but at least show they have a nucleus of players building up for the future.

The media have been very kind to Richmond this season, but it's time a few truths were brought to light.

Otherwise we'll keep getting fed the same *smile* that is designed to have us believing everything is going just fine at Tigerland.

I am not a Danny or a club bagger, but I don't believe everything I am told is good and wonderful just because I am told to either.

We have had a couple of very average seasons and the reasons need to be addressed not just accepted as our lot in life.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Ahhhh Does anyone know the number of Doctor Phil??

Rosy, You are the last bastion of optimism on this forum and to see you crumbling I feel the same way as I did on the day people ran to the streets screaming "Disco is dead" :'( Time to put away the leather tie and look for a flashy paisley number. ;D

In all seriousness a very accurate, clear and concise assesment as to what's going on at the moment.
I hear J K Rowling is basing her next novel on the Richmond Football Club. ;D

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Spot on rosy, your comments were both accurate and concise.

If we keep losing I'm sure one of those overpaid journo's will catch on and start writing something about our pathetic club.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
rosy3 said:
The game Richmond plays doesn't look designed for winning, but more for damage control.

There's no public mention that we have very few young players coming on. We don't have list full of enthusiasm like Geelong or the Saints who mightn't be winning but at least show they have a nucleus of players building up for the future.

Rosy, you make some very good points here. Style of play, the list, young talent coming through. These are all issues I wish the club would address. The constant spin doctoring is starting to give everyone the *smile*, and is further disenfranchising the supporters.

Ian Campbell, are you reading any if this?

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
We have had a couple of very average seasons and the reasons need to be addressed not just accepted as our lot in life.

Was it Danny who said last season that we were going over everything to ensure that something like that didn't happen again (i.e. 9 losses in a row)?

Here we are six losses in a row and nothing looks like being any different. Isn't it up to those around Danny to bring awareness to him of what is going on, if he can't see it for himself? If not, then they are as much at fault as anyone, imo.

And if they can't see that things are not as they should be then they also need to be as accountable as anyone.

As you say Rosy, the fact we are not getting flogged is keeping the attention off us. It's perhaps a sad reflection on our footy club that there is no shock or surprise that we are in this situation.

As supporters, we have become all too familiar with it. We can write the script from go to woe and be close to the mark of what will happen from here on in.

Just for once I'd like to think we can get ourselves out of an all too familiar scenario.

Unfortunately, I just don't think that we have the personnel or personalities that can make that possible.

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
Our endeavour has been generally good for most of the losses- we just do not have the right players - not their fault.
Spud was an untried coach - has not proved to be a good coach - not his fault - he didn't give himself the job - we just have some very ordinary top end decision makers - hopefully Miller will make a difference. After the initial anger I could understand his decision regarding Spud's contract after I knew it was made early in the year. However I would be angered if Spud's contract was renewed before the end of next year & then only if he was the best available - which one would doubt. Wouldn't matter who coached us next year - we need better players - simply our recruiting staff & strategy have been woeful. Still a couple of wins would be good