Board Vacancies !!. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Board Vacancies !!.

RedanTiger said:
Sorry K3, I don't really understand.
In the recent election that is what happened.
I entered my member number and voted. I went back to verify I had properly voted but was informed I had already voted and was locked out.

What I am worried about is that the information needed to vote is fairly public - member number and postcode.
Every time you enter an AFL ground using your member card I would think your details are gathered and verified to allow access.

By linking member number and postcode you get a unique identifier. ie you can't simply enter a random member number and get access. They must match.
But it doesn't link back and verify the person voting. An email address does.
But you can still vote if you have the email address in the database.
If you can't register a vote the normal reaction would be to assume that the system was faulty rather than someone had voted in your stead.
An automated response tells members their vote has been cast. If not them, then who?

This doesn't stop a fraud from happening but it does alert that a fraud has occurred. That's probably enough.

If it's as easy as that, it's open to manipulation, as I said I had to put in a password, same as my rfc website one to get in, but then again I don't have a postcode living overseas, surely our club wouldn't do that? Would it?

nqtiger said:
If it's as easy as that, it's open to manipulation, as I said I had to put in a password, same as my rfc website one to get in, but then again I don't have a postcode living overseas, surely our club wouldn't do that? Would it?

Well of course that's the really simple answer.
Randomly generate a password with each email or letter sent to each member with the election notice/candidate information and use that for entry.
Single use only makes it a lot harder to hack.

I simply feel that it's going to get a lot more difficult to secure electronic voting over the coming years for everything.
Might as well start looking at options now.

RedanTiger said:
Well of course that's the really simple answer.
Randomly generate a password with each email or letter sent to each member with the election notice/candidate information and use that for entry.
Single use only makes it a lot harder to hack.

I simply feel that it's going to get a lot more difficult to secure electronic voting over the coming years for everything.
Might as well start looking at options now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain_(database)

Vacancies filled with hand picked Henriette Rothschild & Joe Powell added to Tiger Board of Directors. The RFC just aint what it used to be is it ?.

nqtiger said:
Why bother asking us to vote
Exactly.
Board members hand picked by the current board.
Should be obvious to all by now that O Niel and her cronies are taking the p!ss.
Love the way we are simply told of the new appointees.
Where's the input from the membership?

asian tetley said:
Exactly.
Board members hand picked by the current board.
Should be obvious to all by now that O Niel and her cronies are taking the p!ss.
Love the way we are simply told of the new appointees.
Where's the input from the membership?

The bloke who finished a close third didn't even get an interview, then they wonder why no one but their mates puts their hand up

I'm sure the 2 new board members are well qualified, but it's the bloody process that infuriates me.

Unless you have connections with the Board, you have not got a hope of hell of getting through the Nominations Committee (majority Board members), let alone getting on the Board.

tommystigers said:
You are having us on, surely?

http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/news/category/hr-and-appointments/kerry-ryan-joins-richmond-board/

YinnarTiger said:
You are having us on, surely?

http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/news/category/hr-and-appointments/kerry-ryan-joins-richmond-board/

That article was from 2013.

I doubt she would be still on the committee.

I said was