Boozed up opposition supporters | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boozed up opposition supporters

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
It is bad enough that I sat through an absolute flogging, but to be surrounded by boozed up St Kilda Supporters in a Richmond reserved area was the last straw.

Don't those bozo's know that beer talk is so unbecoming.

Next year I will be asking for seating in the Richmond reserved area not the johnny come lately area.

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!

Well at least Eddiewood lost ;D

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I have a reserved seat at Telstra Dome, which for the 4 home games we play there is quite expensive, and tonight, i was surrounded by St Kilda supporters.

A joke, which made the night a hell of a lot worse.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I will be letting the club know my displeasure, I don't care if they shrug it off or not. If I wanted to sit with the opposition I would just buy my ticket through ticketripoff7.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Like Dragicevic Fan, I also have reserved seating in a supposed Richmond area, however, I was surrounded by St Kilda fans.
I am not happy with my reserved seating. Last year I had a great seat on the flank, this year they have moved my seat to the pocket at the opporsite side of the ground to the RCS. not impressed at all. And I was one of the suckers whom renewed my membership as soon as the membership form came.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm not sure, because I was not there. But it might not be the clubs fault.
The Saint supporters were allowed to use there memberships for this game weren't they.
Because they had played a game in Tassie.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
The St Kilda footy club made the decision to play in Tassie, why should their supporters get to use their membership for entry against Richmond. What did Richmond get out of it ?
Unfair as usual. Further more, why the hell do we play a home game at a venue other than the MCG ?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Further more, why the hell do we play a home game at a venue other than the MCG ?

It's typical of the club deciding whats best for the club, not what's best for the members.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
tigerman said:
I'm not sure, because I was not there. But it might not be the clubs fault.
The Saint supporters were allowed to use there memberships for this game weren't they.
Because they had played a game in Tassie.

They were allowed to use their memberships but not their reserve seating I thought.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
nwonash said:
Further more, why the hell do we play a home game at a venue other than the MCG ?

The club's line is that the AFL would make us play 3 home games at docklands anyhow and playing say Freo there could mean a poor crowd that would actually cost us money. By agreeing to 4 home games we receive a fixed $$$ amount guaranteed which is supposedly above any loss in membership due to the decision. It's purely about finances.

Know of many tiger fans who aren't happy with the decision especially when we play actual docklands home teams such as the saints, doggies, cats and roos. When we played the cats three weeks ago, Collingwood were playing Freo at the 'G. How that makes sense to the AFL baffles me ??? .

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
Opposition supporters within our members area is utterly infuriating!

However look at it this way, if we had more bloody members we wouldn’t have to worry about it as there would be no spare seats!

Have a look at an Essendon or Collingwood game on the telly and all you see is red and black, or black and white respectively in that same area.

How I wish we had that crowd.

I was one of those invaders at the last bulldogs game. I was embarrassed that I had to sit in there are as I know how much I hate it when its our home game. But that’s the ONLY TICKET, TICKETMASTER WOULD SELL ME ON LEVEL 1! I tried and tried to get one near the cheer squad but they wouldn’t even sell me one.

I’ve since found out that it was general admission in that area due to low membership numbers at a bulldogs home game. I wish they had of told me at the ticket office, it would have saved me a bomb and I would have got the seat I wanted!

Doh!

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
It is bad enough that I sat through an absolute flogging, but to be surrounded by boozed up St Kilda Supporters in a Richmond reserved area was the last straw.

Yep - put up with the same crud in aisle 42 - Level 2

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
shawry said:
Why would you mind sitting around opposition supporters. Surely that makes the game more interesting.

I reckon it's far more interesting sitting amongst other Richmond supporters shawry.

Sometimes it's more interesting than others. :p

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
OK, own up, which one of you bozos was yelling out "Wake up and smell the roses Richmond!" on Saturday night? ;D

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
MC24 said:
shawry said:
Why would you mind sitting around opposition supporters. Surely that makes the game more interesting.

I reckon it's far more interesting sitting amongst other Richmond supporters shawry.

Sometimes it's more interesting than others. :p

Fair enough each to their own. I prefer razzing up other teams supporters and cheering for Richmond around them. Makes me feel good.