Born to be a tiger | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Born to be a tiger

biglinds

I'm a llama!
Aug 5, 2003
Perth
This message has been confirmed to me from a very reliable source.
At the 1996 Grand Prix in Melbourne,Tom Hafey sat next to a mother of 4 kids. He talked incessantly about his beloved Tiges his love for the club especially mourning the fact that KB was no longer at the club.

The mum asked a bit of advice from Tommy,saying that her 14 year old was having trouble with his pace in his footy and was thinking of giving the game away.

"He'll be right love"said Tommy as one could well imagine him saying.

He'll be right indeed ,That young 14 year old happened to be Mark Coughlan,born to be a tiger.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Great story Biglinds. Cogs is a great player and sometimes those chance meetings with legends have a bearing on a young kids playing future. I for one met Mark Jacko Jackson as a kid and I reached the dizzy heights of Wollongong Swans reserve grade. ;D