Opposition Players We Richmond Supporters Have Affected | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition Players We Richmond Supporters Have Affected

Larrikin

Tiger Rookie
Aug 26, 2003
One of my favourite things about going to the footy is the funny stuff that can happen. Often it is a witty comment made by a supporter or something funny a player does, but whatever it is, it makes you laugh like you have never laughed before.

Anyhow without a doubt one of my all time favourite moments was one time when us Richmond supporters were in our usual fine form against Peter Matera. On this occassion he had a complete spastic attack. I can remember him running on the wing, looking at the crowd and shouting something and shaking his head. He completely lost it. This moment has always reminded me of the movie Rocky 4, when the crowd turn on the big Russian Ivan Drago, and he starts shouting something to them whilst waving his fist in the air.

It was so obvious that Peter Matera hated playing Richmond at home. He used to suck against us, and would often direct comments to the crowd. It's funny but most other players don't really seem to get effected by things the crowd does but he used to show it on a regular basis to the Richmond supporters.

Perhaps others can relate other opposition players us Richmond supports have affected in a similar manner, or perhaps more Peter Matera stories. :)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Personally I love to 'target' one guy for some 'special' attention from the opposition each week. Although from my loungeroom it isn't nearly as satisfying as when at the game.

Some of my past victims have included MacCartney ( I felt a bit bad about that when the whole Bali thing happened) Shane WoeWoeful Libba and Romero (sniping dog bastards) Croft Hocking Campeorale Medhurst Brett Heady and Chris Lewis Mil Hanna Steve O Dwyer Brad Hardie Ben Dixon the list goes on and on :D some of them even backed up for game after game of witty barbs.

Some of the umps who cop the most and rightly so are: Goldspink Carey Cameron and that disgrace that they let wear the no 17 a few weeks ago v Hawthorn

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Port fans were cracking me up giving hsit to Rioli Saturday night after Port kicked a behind and Rioli was going ot kick in the fans wouldnt give him the ball back and he was getting shitty whils they were giving him abuse and not handing it back. Cracked me up.