Boss Quiz 5 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boss Quiz 5

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Here’s Boss Quiz 5 (BigWow where are you?)

Questions are from the “Dirty Decade” – mid 80’s to mid 90s where we did not participate in the finals and got a couple of wooden spoons.

1. Name 4 players that wore the Number 19 guernsey in the 80s and 90s?

2. Which former Richmond Player, played in Adelaide’s first game in the AFL in 1991 against Hawthorn? (Name and Number please).

3. Which Richmond player missed a shot at goal after the siren that would have given us a win against the Kangaroos in 1992 (Roos won by 1 point).

4. Which current Western Bulldogs player was drafted by Richmond but did not play any Senior games?

5. Name the Richmond utility who kicked 3 goals against Carlton in 1988 when the reigning wooden spooner (Richmond) defeated the reigning Premiers (Carlton)? (Name and Number please)

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
1. Greg Strachan, Greg Hamilton, Mark Neeld & Brett Evans (Birdman more late 90's)

2. ?

3. John Howat

4. Paul Dimmatina

5. Chris Pym #51 (later no 10)

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Big Wow

Ques 1 - correct

Ques 3 - incorrect. Try again

Ques 4 - correct

Ques 5 - correct

Great effort first up.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Here's a few stabs in the dark.

1. Strachan, Neeld

2. John Klug (No. 16, no idea)

3. Stevan Jackson (but I think I'm thinking of another game)

4. ???

5.Chris Pym (38 ????)

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
MC24 said:
Here's a few stabs in the dark.

1. Strachan, Neeld

2. John Klug (No. 16, no idea)

3. Stevan Jackson (but I think I'm thinking of another game)

4. ???

5.Chris Pym (38 ????)

MC has got question 2 correct - John Klug but she has given the wrong number. What number did he wear at Richmond.

the other unanswered question is question 3

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Pipped me at the post MC24!
2. Klug is right I'm sure, wore No. 20 for Adelaide, can't remember his Tiger number.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
2. John Klug # ? didn't play seniors at Richmond.

I know John Howat missed a kick late in a game or after the siren one day to lose agame. Obviously not hte game in question though.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
bigwow said:
2. John Klug # ? didn't play seniors at Richmond.

I know John Howat missed a kick late in a game or after the siren one day to lose agame. Obviously not hte game in question though.

John Klug did not play seniors for us although he was on the list for quite a few years. Had many injuries. What was his number: Clue The number is now worn by one of Richmond's worst players who will definately be delisted.

Still require an answer for question 3. it was not Howat or Jackson. It was against the Roos at Princess Park and the player had a shot in teh forward pocket at the Heatley Stand end.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
3. Robert Schaefer ? I know he missed from the goal square against the roos in the early 90's.

John Klug #22?

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
blaise said:
3. Jeff Hogg

Well done Blaise. Hoggy missed the goal that would have given us victory. It l;ooked good off the boot but it drifted thru for a point.

Anybody know what number John Klug wore for us?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Big wow you are a hog. ;D It's tradition for me to sneak in on the last question and claim victory. (Nothing to do with the hints given at the end. ;) )
This time you pipped me at the post. Geez well answered though. You better go on the Eddie Show quiz.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Don't worry Rosy, I'll email you the answers to my next quiz and you can show Bigwow up then!! ;D