Bowden Bashers...Enough is Enough.. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bowden Bashers...Enough is Enough..

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
I think we all agree that Joel's kicking has deteriorated badly but I think its time to give the 'Bowden bashing' a rest.

He is trying his guts out and quite frankly its not his fault if Danny wont drag him...

I get as frustrated as everyone else with Joel but I think we've all made our points quite clearly!!

Time to move on...or be constructive..

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
thats the problem macca he seems not to play his heart out.rightly or wrongly its up to bowden no one else to change the public image of himself.
he has the skills and his efforts again yesterday only enhanced his reputation as being lazy in mind with no application at all to the task ahead or the skill level that he is blessed with.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Agreed J2R. There was moment when Joel was chasing in the third quarter. He saw Darcy coming and stopped and pulled out of another contest. He had just kept going put his body on the line - he would have been cheered. It is these moments that frustrate the hell out of most supporters.

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Not arguing with people's opinion of Bowden but just saying that people are going over the top with the criticism of him.

For example, I read someone comment on a particularly good piece of play by Joel by saying 'thats whats expected of every AFL player'

We need to make sure we are balanced and reasoned in our responses otherwise we are no different to Magpie supporters!!!!

God Help us - lol

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
i guess macca us being tiger supporters our expectations of the club and players are always going to be high and in bowden,s case the moist frustrating thing about bowden he is one player in the side that has the skills to match those expectations.and at the moment he,s simply not up to it.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Macca68 said:
For example, I read someone comment on a particularly good piece of play by Joel by saying 'thats whats expected of every AFL player'

Macca I think you may have been referring to me :D

As I have said a bet that precludes me from bagging Joel at this time. My comment was directed more at those wise men called commentators, who called the punch from behind "the moment". I was actaully happy to see Joel do the team thing but to label it "the moment" and "his moment" I thought was a bit over the top.