Bowden to Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bowden to Freo

break the cycle

Tiger Cub
Sep 8, 2003
G'Day Tiger Fans,

I have enjoyed the insights on this site for some time, and was expecting to have seen a thread regarding Bowden to Freo when I logged in today. This is the suggestion of an article in The Australian today (maybe you guys do not have access to this paper).

The article suggests that Freo were in Melbourne over the weekend looking for experienced midfields, and Bowden is specifically mentioned.

What do you think?

Schammer for Bowden - I would like to see that.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No way in the world will ANY club give up their first round draft pick for someone like Bowden ! If Bowden did go to the Bulldogs it would be along with another player or draft pick to secure Brown. But that won't happen. Brown will go to Collingwood or Carlton.

Bowden more likely a swap with Freo for Schammer. I'd go for that big time.

This was Schammer's first year of AFL footy and he cracked it for a number of games in a side that did pretty well. He had a standout junior career. I saw him play a few times for SA and he was brilliant. He has the potential to be the next Shane Crawford.

Bowden for Schammer NOW !

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Although I still believe Bowden will end up at the Bulldogs or Carlton.

If a deal with the Dockers could be reached I'd say ...

Hadrill and Schammer for Bowden would be a good deal for the Tigers ;)

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bowden for Schammer NOW !

I agree Schammer is an outstanding prospect.

What he showed as a first year player, indicates that he will be a very good player.

Joel Bowden's brother Rhett, use to play for East Fremantle, and I believe is a school teacher. I'm not sure whether he still lives in w.a, but if he does, Joel might not mind, if a trade was done.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
no chance of getting schammer.under the afl rules no "new draftee" from interstate can be traded or delisted after one year.
pity i like the kid.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
If this rumour is true then I wouldn't be surprised if we are interested in Trent Croad, who wants to come back to Victoria. Could be a frightening thought...

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
I thought of croad too. Only problem is he's a lazy s.o.b
and reminds me of Bowdown as far as his contribution and consistency - Pass.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
johnson2richo2003 said:
no chance of getting schammer.under the afl rules no "new draftee" from interstate can be traded or delisted after one year.
pity i like the kid.

I'm not sure that's right J2R. I know you can't delist a them but Port Adelaide traded Barry Brooks to St. Kilda after only one season. Unless the rule changed this year.

It would be a great deal for us. I too rate Schammer but any deal where we get rid of the yellow backed skulker Bowden is a great deal IMO.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I too do not like Bow-down ! He is a pox on our once great club I say !

Transfer his feebleness with haste !

And that dinosaur, Benjamin Holland ! He can go with him !

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ridley said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
pity i like the kid.

I'm not sure that's right J2R. I know you can't delist a them but Port Adelaide traded Barry Brooks to St. Kilda after only one season. Unless the rule changed this year.

It would be a great deal for us. I too rate Schammer but any deal where we get rid of the yellow backed skulker Bowden is a great deal IMO.

Not sure about interstate draftee's having to sign a 2 year contract, although it does ring a bell.

Any how schammer is not available as per the rules if you are not 18 by Dec31st of the year you are drafted you must be signed to a 2 yera deal.