To all who want KB | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

To all who want KB

Should KEVIN BARTLETT come back

• I want to see KB at Tigerland

Votes: 43 100.0%
  • No I do not want KB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
The death of Tiger Legend Jack Dyer has stirred the emotions of fans and added even more weight behind our outcry to the ineptness of the Richmond Committee and in particular the Football Department. We have read countless threads pleading for KB to return and lead us back to where we belong.

So put your hands up and show Rhett Bartlett the stats so his Dad can assume his rightful place as a LEADER!

There are just two options YES or no.

Maskedman

Tiger Cub
Jul 21, 2003
Melbourne
Having been at Jack's memorial service, and having heard KB's eulogy, it sounded to me like he was missing Punt Road. It might just be wishful thinking though.

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
I know in my heart KB will always be a tiger great I hope that some day when he is ready that he comes back :)

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Of course he should be back, nothing but positives will come out of it, maybe he should also help Richo with his kicking skills.

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
KB is and always will be a tiger. Of course he should be back. Coaching back then, the club had financial problems and facing extinction. I tought KB had us going in the right direction on the field but the board didn't. Sacked in 91 on 7 wins 15 loses. Not much has changed this year ( 7wins 15 loses) and we apparently have one of the best boards in the AFL. Not to mention our membership has risen to 25,000 compared to 5,000 back in 91. :( :( :(

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Would be great to have Hungry back ,although nobody could help Richo with his kicking skills. ;)

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Why, what the hell is wrong with his kicking, is it the run-up or the tactic of holding it, he kicked pretty well in the first 8 rounds. PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE HELP HIM?!

Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
Nothing wrong with his kicking it's accuracy. Simple thing concentrate!!! watch Lloyd he only has his eyes focused on one thing.

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
That is a load of crap, Richo always concentrates, its not the concentration, its something else.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
It would be great for KB to return to Punt Road.

However, it appears KB has still not forgiven the Tigers for dumping him as coach at the end of '91.

How knows what the future holds.

As for Richo's kicking, there is a problem. One thing I have noticed is that he greats too close to the man on the mark.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Richo also doesn't guide the ball onto his foot properly.
He releases the ball far too high which is part of the reason his kicking is very inconsistent. He also on many occasions fails to run in a straight line when taking a set shot which of course makes it difficult to be accurate.

I think Michael Roach would soon sort out many of his problems. Shame that they don't use him.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Vadim Golikov said:
I reckon his run-up is way too long, and when he takes it he loses all of his accuracy.

His run up is longer than Brett Lee's.

By the time he kicks the ball, he's too tired.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Richo is too old to be changed and even if he was told 1,000 times you must kick it this way, he would do the opposite cause he has *smile* for brains!!!

Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
That is a load of crap, Richo always concentrates, its not the concentration, its something else
If you concentrate
1 run-up wont be as long
2 run in a straight line
3 release football straight onto boot and more importantly have enough distance between you and the man on the mark. Then one day he may kick more than 7 goals in a match, as yet to accomplish.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
If you concentrate
1 run-up wont be as long
2 run in a straight line
3 release football straight onto boot and more importantly have enough distance between you and the man on the mark. Then one day he may kick more than 7 goals in a match, as yet to accomplish.

Richo does his run up like he is dodging bullets.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
No, he runs like he is dodging membership cards and marks like he is trying to scoop coins into a tin!

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Yeah, keep 'em in line, julz!

I make no secret that I would like to see KB back at Punt Road. In what capacity I am not sure, even if it was just so the players could see one of their all-time greats back on the patch. His football comments are usually well thought out, who knows....