Bracks to resign Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bracks to resign Merged]

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
He's caught a fairly common virus.West of Melbourne it's know as Moorobool St. disease.

It happens any year Geelong are on top.

"Personal reasons" is code for 'I need to concentrate on the Catz.'

ozserpico66

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Bulleen
Gypsy__Jazz said:
serpico_66 said:
mb64 said:
Overall Bracks has done a good job,was surprised he endorsed Brumby ahead of Thwaites.Will be interesting to see who gets the nod.

The Thwaites star has well and truly dimmed of late. Being a GAY icon can only get you so far when you're incapable of making a decision.

Bring on Brumby

Bracks was a gay icon, mate.

Not as much as Thwaites... Buddy

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap best news ive heard in yonks.in one day the most inefficent bumbleing,tax slugging,do nothing,we will look into it,we are forming a commitie to LOOK INTO IT,lip serviceing politicians we have ever been burdened with have GONE. :cutelaugh :rofl however i do agree with the ghost ,something is wroooong .great day tho

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Pagan, Sheedy, Bracks, Thwaites.....all we need is a Tiger win....sweeeeeet! 8)

Only pity is that he didn't do it years ago.

jb03 said:
Livers will be pumped.

I'm PUMPED big time mate! ;D

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
I've got no idea how that bunch of idiots won the last election anyway. I've asked around and nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has admitted to voting for them.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
1eyedtiger said:
I've got no idea how that bunch of idiots won the last election anyway. I've asked around and nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has admitted to voting for them.

They won by a massive margin so there must have been plenty.

ONe of the leaders to gain in popularity while in power.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
As much as i hate labor i thought he was a good premier.......Except the way he has handled the water crisis, That was a disgrace.

From a reliable source aka. a member of the young Liberals..........

Keep an eye out for Jeff Kennett to rejoin Liberal. Not as opposition leader but he will have a role there........vice presidential position is likely.

[Deleted. Claims like that put PRE at risk of legal action]

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
sorry to see him go, but happy a poli is putting family ahead of the job for once. I hope his son gets on track now the public glare will go away

Ghost of Punt Road said:
who has EVER heard of:

1) A deputy resigning as soon as the top job becomes vacant
2) The premier and deputy both resigning at once

There is something REALLY wrong going on.

Nothing sus here in my opin:

1) Bracks resigns because of the boy

2) Thwaites resigns because he is DP, buts its made clear he will be passed over for the top job by Brumby. Another 3 years is too much a DP, so its time to pull up stumps and move on.

zips

The NEW Tigers of SAME OLD, SAME OLD!
Apr 19, 2004
Jukes Extended said:
As much as i hate labor i thought he was a good premier.......Except the way he has handled the water crisis, That was a disgrace.

Keep an eye out for Jeff Kennett to rejoin Liberal. Not as opposition leader but he will have a role there........vice presidential position is likely.

[Deleted]
I gather you mean allegedly ;)

zips said:
Jukes Extended said:

[Deleted

Yes and allegedley Bracks is in with T Mokbel, in an international conspiracy. These darned Lebanese connections ;)

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Ghost of Punt Road said:
who has EVER heard of:

1) A deputy resigning as soon as the top job becomes vacant
2) The premier and deputy both resigning at once

There is something REALLY wrong going on.
Can't ever remember leader & deputy leaders resigning the same day.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I hope they both do the right thing and pay for the by-election for their seats out of their own pockets (or their plump parliamentary pensions) :mad:, especially thwaites, the sook. He was voted to represent his constituents so as soon as he knows he won't be the next premier he spits the dummy.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Legends of 1980 said:
I hope they both do the right thing and pay for the by-election for their seats out of their own pockets (or their plump parliamentary pensions) :mad:, especially thwaites, the sook. He was voted to represent his constituents so as soon as he knows he won't be the next premier he spits the dummy.

Personally not sure on the whole bi-election thing.

Firstly I 100% believe if your hearts not in it, time to go regardless of when the election is.

Secondly, on how to deal....

Part of me wants the Senate style nomination system (i.e. Labor say a & b will take over from Bracks and Thwaites). Reality is voters usually vote for a party and not an individual these days for three/four years (depending upon being state/fed), so even if they (the voters) have changed their mind, their choice for this term on preferred party has been made.

The other part of me however likes the Westminster purity of choosing your local member, making bi-elections important.

If forced to choose, I would probably go the former, just because of the cost and the reality of current party politics these days.