BRAD OTTENS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BRAD OTTENS

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Please, can anyone give me some up to date information on Brad Ottens. Who do we believe. In the Herald Sun they stated he will be back in 10 weeks. On the Tigers AFL sight they state 7 to 8 weeks. Does anybody have any inside information as i still lack confidence that he will play at all this year. If he comes back and plays anywhere near his best i believe we can just about pinch the premiership this year, especially if a couple of the Lions key players go down with injury. If that happens the premiership race will be wide open, and i still believe with our much improved centreline which will only get better as the year unfolds, we have a better side than Collingwood or both Adelaide sides. Either way i am quietly confident that we can pinch the premiership. If we somehow reach the Grand Final we just have the players to make that happen. Richo is the undisputed matchwinner when he is on song. I have always said to his detractors that we have held onto to him all this time and not traded him for that very reason. Apart from say Andrew McLeod, Richardson is the only player that can win a Grand Final with his own brilliant performance. So everyone be confident. I feel we have a genuine reason to be excited this year, especially if we get Ottens and Holland playing reasonable football. Please let me know what you all think. I don't feel that i am getting carried away. I just feel that none of the footy scribes / experts have given us due credit.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I probably know as much as you do T.O.P. on where Otto is at this stage except to say whatever the scribes or club say add at least about another month of training and lower grade footy as Otto will not step straight back into the senior side given the length of time he has missed and loss of fitness. If we make the finals without him and at the same time he then makes his comeback then that'll be a bonus. At the moment it's best to just hope he's right to play footy again in the long term (as well as no lingering effects for him personally). Holland and dragga are in a similar situation although they should both return soon.

Although the team has and is improving week by week, especially in the midfield, it's still way too early to talk finals after only three rounds. I would wait to see how we go against the Brisbane's and Adelaide's before making a final judgement on where we are at. Yes we should as our long term goal be aiming for a top 4 spot and then a shot at the flag (a aim we should have every year) but let's just focus our main attention on defeating St Kilda this arvo. Take it one week at a time ;D.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigeronprowl said:
Please, can anyone give me some up to date information on Brad Ottens. Who do we believe.

I don't know anything about Otto, but I imagine it would be a hard call to give an accurate prediction for his comeback.
A lot would probably depend on how his body responds to the pressures of training and physical contact.
They did say on club corner that he's ahead of schedule in his recovery so far.
It's great to have the luxury of Staff and Rayzor holding fort, and would be great if Otto could get back later in the year ready for our finals challenge. ;)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
TOP - the word I hear is he is recovering well. But the Club has been adamant that they WILL NOT rush him back. They are taking the slowly slowly approach with Brad's injury. The club will be guided by the doctors and not Brad's eagerness to play. As already posted when he comes back it will be through Coburg.

So when will that be exactly? Somewhere after the mid-season bye I reckon 7-10 weeks subject to the doctors of course.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
TOP- please oh please, don't go using the P word in round four. Even talking finals makes me nervous. ;D
hutstar