BRISBANE/SE QLD SUPPORTERS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BRISBANE/SE QLD SUPPORTERS

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Get your diaries out and mark this into your calendar as a must do for 2009

Queensland Richmond Supporters Club are proud to present

"The Tigers on the Gold Coast"​

Saturday July 4th

Richmond V Adelaide

Pre-match function starts at 5.00pm

Guest speakers Kevin Sheedy Dale Weightman and a member of the coaching staff.

Night Includes

Premium Reserved Undercover Seat
5 hour beer, wine and soft drink package
BBQ Buffet Dinner

Ticket Prices

$149 for QRSC Members
Add $10 for non members who will then become QRSC Members

Must be booked before March 26

Numbers limited

Please phone 0414 668878 or (07) 3889 7999 for more details.

You can also ask questions here​

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Hey Tiger29, I just got back online after a long layoff due to lightening exploding my computer. can you tell me about the practice game on the Goldy next week? Who and when do we play???? Thanks

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
tigergollywog said:
Hey Tiger29, I just got back online after a long layoff due to lightening exploding my computer. can you tell me about the practice game on the Goldy next week? Who and when do we play???? Thanks

play Lions Friday night. 7.30pm start.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Howdy Tiger29.

Just saw the package you're offering now...

Myself and 5 mates are travelling up and are all intersted in the package.

1. Are tickets still available?
2. If so, What's the cut-off date?
3. Are Melbournians welcome? ;D
4. Dress code?
5. By what methods do you accept payment?

Please advise ASAP, cheers mate.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Newman said:
Howdy Tiger29.

Just saw the package you're offering now...

Myself and 5 mates are travelling up and are all intersted in the package.

1. Are tickets still available?
2. If so, What's the cut-off date?
3. Are Melbournians welcome? ;D
4. Dress code?
5. By what methods do you accept payment?

Please advise ASAP, cheers mate.

Hi Newman

Thanks for your enquiry.

1. Yes, tickets are still available, however interest is really picking up
2. Cut-off date - ASAP. Let me know if you are definates and we can work something out if required
3. Melbournians are more than welcome. Must of us are ex Vics anyway
4. Dress Code. Normal footy wear. Jeans and Footy jumpers acceptable. No thongs or singlets though
5. You can post a cheque or direct deposit into our account. Details are Qld Richmond Supporters Group
Commonwealth Bank
BSB 064-001
Account Number 10554832

Please put your name in the reference field.

Hope you can make it.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
It's disappointing to report that the function organised for July 4 has been cancelled.

Main reasons are poor ticket sales and the withdrawal of Kevin Sheedy as a guest. Essendon have organised a premiership reunion on the same date which Sheeds will be attending.

Anyone who paid for tickets has been refunded.

The Richmond Football Club is now looking at organising something themselves.

realtiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
With much respect to the supporters group ,maybe it is time to look at affordable functions! Over $600 to take a family is ridiculous. I ran a supporters group for over 8 years for RFC and never charged any more then $25 for any function. Most functions were free and all dollars raised were from raffles where supporters were willing to fork out considerable money for Richmond merchandise. Functions should be family friendly and thousands can still be raised without exorbitant cover charges. This is not the first time the Qld supporters group has charged very high costs to attend. I hope the organisers can look at this issue . If changes are made your functions will be highly successful. Go Tiges!

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
realtiger said:
With much respect to the supporters group ,maybe it is time to look at affordable functions! Over $600 to take a family is ridiculous. I ran a supporters group for over 8 years for RFC and never charged any more then $25 for any function. Most functions were free and all dollars raised were from raffles where supporters were willing to fork out considerable money for Richmond merchandise. Functions should be family friendly and thousands can still be raised without exorbitant cover charges. This is not the first time the Qld supporters group has charged very high costs to attend. I hope the organisers can look at this issue . If changes are made your functions will be highly successful. Go Tiges!

With all due respect realtiger, this was not a function organised but us but a package that the people who run the Gold Coast Stadium organises. They were good enough to offer this to us exclusively if we could get enough numbers. We decided to run with it an put it out there to see what response we got. The only additional organising we did was to organise Dale Weightman and Kevin Sheedy to attend. When Sheeds pulled out interest dropped and as initial number had been poor we decided to forfeit the invitation from the Stadium people. As this game is on the Gold Coast and most of our members are from Brisbane, it was difficult to organise a cheap aftergame function, as any venue would have been some distance from Cararra. You may or may not know, but it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Also Richmond will now only send 2 or 3 officials to these functions and none are players who have played in the game.

Since then the Richmond Football Club have taken up the option and emailed all people on their Queensland email list to guage interest. Talking to the Club last week they feel they have had enough expressions of interest from supporters to go with it. The price is $150 per adult and $100 per child. Same prices but no speakers and 1 hour less refreshments than we had.

It's funny how the club can get this off the ground, but when we told them initially what we were doing they offered no support at all. They now expect us to support them!! ???

I appreciate your advice regarding the cost of functions and yes some have been expensive, especially for those with the added cost of travelling interestate. However for us who are starved from seeing Richmond play live, (some might say we are lucky at the moment) we are willing to pay out a bit to make the occassion a good time.

Most of the money we raise is from weekly raffles we run at the Easts Leagues Club on a Tuesday night which is run by the same few week in week out. The major functions we have attempted when Richmond play up here have generated poor returns and cost a lot of time by our Supporters Group and in the end costs us time in enjoying the football. I might add that we have been in the top 3 supporters groups in Aus, including those from Vic, in money raised for the club and this will be the first time we have seen Richmond play in a home and away game for 3 years.

Anyway, we'll all be there cheering them on.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Details for the Brisbane V Richmond game functions are as follows

Pre Match Function at Broadway Hotel (only 400 metres from the Gabba)

To be hosted by Dale Weightman and special guests.

From 3pm to 6pm. Cost $30 (food provided, drinks at bar prices)

To book you need to ring Jenna at Richmond Football Club on 03 94264452. Bookings are esential and numbers are limited.

There will also be an aftermatch function at the same venue. This will be free with a live band performing.

The hotel is owned by VFL legend Carl Ditterich who really has made us feel at home each week.

Hope to see many of you there

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
If anyone attended the pre or post match functions at the Broadway Hotel last night I would be pleased to receive some feedback.

Personally I had a great time.

We had about 120 at the pre game function and maybe 5/600 back after the game.
I think the last ones left at 2.15am Sunday morning.

Those of us in the Queensland supporters group thought everything went off well but we would be pleased to hear opinions from others, especially those who traveled from interstate.

The tooth

Tiger Rookie
Nov 17, 2006
Richmond
I came along to the pre and post game at the Broadway with a few mates. Was up from Melbourne for the game.

The event was a fantastic success - excellent pub for it, the trivia, interviews, auctions, past player appearances made for a great warm up for the game. The food came thick and fast. I would certainly attend again if up in Brisbane for a game. Proximity to the Gabba was a big plus. Fleabag a anatural choice for MC. Went back post game for an hour our so and it was truly a yellow and black cauldron, with the theme song belted out with gusto. Thanks for the excellent night and also organising the 4 points ;)

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Had a great time after the game at the Broadway. Would have stayed longer, but was a bit tired and emotional after a long day :p

Thanks to all involved :clap

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Watching the game on TV, I was really impressed with how many Tigers fans there were in the crowd at the Gabba.

Well done to all who attended and supported the boys :clap

Shauny83

Tiger Cub
Jul 29, 2009
hrmm well since the broady burnt down.. anyone recommend a pro afl pub with great sports bar facilities, reasonably priced grog, and a biiiig tv ?
oh and food, gotta have food!

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Pieman or T29 will hopefully post in here soon with some info about where we will meet for the time being. The Broadway is the spiritual home... massive shame it went up in flames. Feel a bit sorry for Big Carl too.
Our game isn't on tv (Ch 7) until midnight Sunday this week anyway Shauny. It isnt on Foxtel either!

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Tigerdog said:
Pieman or T29 will hopefully post in here soon with some info about where we will meet for the time being. The Broadway is the spiritual home... massive shame it went up in flames. Feel a bit sorry for Big Carl too.
Our game isn't on tv (Ch 7) until midnight Sunday this week anyway Shauny. It isnt on Foxtel either!

Still trying to find an alternate venue. A local AFL club offered their rooms but apparently they don't sell grog!!

Will post here when we come up with something.

sashback

Our saviour??
Aug 22, 2005
Tiger 29, How you goin?

Have you got a list of the foundation members of the Qld Richmond supporters group?
I paid up as a foundation member, got the hat etc. etc, but from a while back, all emails stopped, the website went ar$e up, now I can only find the group on facebook. Is facebook the only site for QLD supporters group to view?

Cheers,

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
Hey Sashback, We have been going strong all year, Its only that our home, The Broadway Hotel, burnt down a few weeks back, that we have been quiet. The website is in rebuild, but some things are still posted.
It is much easier to just send us an email at [email protected]
We have been watching games at members homes lately. Just got home from the Pres's house. Next week it's at my joint. drop us a line or send me a private message and we will sort you out. cheers