Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

Now I'm thinking back to an interview with Rory Sloane earlier in the year where he defended the camp and said it made him a better husband and father.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Like the Essendon supplements saga, the camp will haunt the AFC and all involved for years. Those responsible need to admit fault and apologies without reservation before the club and players involved can truly move on.

Reactions: 2 users
Pyke should never be allowed to coach again.
Can't believe the media maggots are promoting him for the vacant positions at GWS & at Nth.
Get the fkstick out of the Game.
Some kids have been left traumatised by that ridiculous camp.
Play football *smile* these mind games

Reactions: 1 users
More revelations about that training camp with the release of Eddie Bett's autobiography:

It’s shocking. Just posted this article in another thread.
I wonder who was behind the push to force McClure, Caro and the Age to apologise to Collective Minds?

Listened to Rancey taking the *smile* out of it on a pod cast.

The Boys thought it was hilarious.

No wonder Tigers ended up beating them up, they were not threatened by the Crows and their antics actually had the Tigers laughing at them.

And we also had Towner ......................
It bothered Geelol. They were thrashed the week before.

This morning while I was training I had SEN on the background, as I normally do.
Hearing Eddies extract of what happened at that ‘camp’ was quite disturbing, disgusting, threatening and downright unbelievable that this occurred.
What’s more ‘hurtful’ that when Eddie questioned what was being asked of him and others, it fell on death ears. To ‘punish’ Eddie for this he was taken off the leadership group in season 2018.
What hurts more ( for Eddie I’m feeling here ) , the then captain Tex Walker and I think at the time VC Sloane, both thought it was great for them and MADE them a better person AND husband.

This will now open ‘old wounds’ for many players at the AFC who were ‘affected’ by what occurred at the camp. There will be some who now relive this and who knows what impact this will have moving forward.

Eddie , not playing against us, was one of my most loved opposition players. The things he was able to do was breathtakingly amazing.

He talks about losing his love after that!

The lack of understanding each persons background, ethnicity, age and what each of them was asked to do to each other , frankly words can’t explain my disgust towards the club.
Having your personal details read out to others, screamed at, belittle you , things you told someone in private , heads ShOULD roll.

I agree with Zipps. Pyke should never be allowed to coach a side ever again and really he shouldn’t be involved with young players as an assistant.

Ricciuto should step down as the Football Director. His response on Adelaide radio today was dribble.

Up to you AFL.

————————————————————

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
This speaks to a broader reality in modern football.

Due to equalisation measures, "talent" is pretty even across the competition. How do you get an edge? Attitude, culture, and leadership are the factors that most differentiate clubs.

In late 2017, Adelaide had the worst culture and Richmond had the best culture. By 2020, Adelaide had already won the wooden spoon while we went on to win 3 premierships. In the span of 4 years, two clubs with similar overall talent levels ended up with polar opposite outcomes.

Never underestimate the influence of attitude, culture, and leadership on a team of living, breathing people who are so much more than just producers of stats that correlate with wins.

It's so easy and natural to let success go to your head and attribute everything to innate talent. Dimma's emphasis on "humble and hungry" in 2020 was a direct attempt at helping our culture resist that temptation. We had the right attitude, culture, and leadership. Adelaide went the other way by treating their people like lab rats in a system that cares only about the numbers they produce. Time will continue to tell which approach is best.

Reactions: 9 users
Now I'm thinking back to an interview with Rory Sloane earlier in the year where he defended the camp and said it made him a better husband and father.

Anyone can read from a script, even a dumb footballer.

It’s shocking. Just posted this article in another thread.
I wonder who was behind the push to force McClure, Caro and the Age to apologise to Collective Minds?

I think it was Fairfax not wanting to defend another lawsuit given they were fighting a few at the time.

Lost games due to how they ran through the banner......they had to yell in each other's face to grow some balls.....they played the Richmond song at training.

Where the F do these lunatic psychos come out of????

I remember being told to speak to an internal psycho (FSU) at work 30 years ago when I collapsed with epilepsy, and as I never believed in these d-heads I did it just for the sake of it, and yet all I was asked was pointless questions that led to nowhere.

How much was SafeworkSA paid in brown paper bags to find no wrongdoings??

Last edited:
So a bunch of strange South Australians yelling strange things at other strange South Australians?

What else happened ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Pyke shouldn't been allowed in another afl club again pathetic was all covered up by the afl the master of cover ups and work safe sa astonishing let this go through.