Calling on Tommy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Calling on Tommy

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
If you could ask the Great Tom Hafey a question what would it be?
Mine would be simple - who would have won the duel if Francis Bourke had to cover Royce Hart in a game?

CM last year REnders e-mailed me some questions to pass on to Tommy. He hand wrote all his answers and sent them back to me.

If you like I'll pass on your question to him as well. The replies will be in a fanzine I'm hoping to have ready soon.

Some of the questions we asked are a bit out of date now so a few more recent ones would be good.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
If you could ask the Great Tom Hafey a question what would it be?
Mine would be simple - who would have won the duel if Francis Bourke had to cover Royce Hart in a game?
Darm, you have me thinking now.

I'd tip Hart by a whisker.

rosy23 said:
CM last year REnders e-mailed me some questions to pass on to Tommy.  He hand wrote all his answers and sent them back to me.

If you like I'll pass on your question to him as well.  The replies will be in a fanzine I'm hoping to have ready soon.

Some of the questions we asked are a bit out of date now so a few more recent ones would be good.

Thanks Rosy, I love the great man. Met him in Surfers Paradise back in Xmas 67. Tommy, after our historic premiership was holidaying there. He would run along the beach every morning and past our holiday home. Tommy was built like Arnold Swartzenegger and me and my brother would wait on the beach looking out for him everyday. For a starry eyed 9 yr old to see an absolute hero run past and get a wave and hello for his "go Tigers - go Tommy" cry was wonderful.

C'mon people help with some questions.