Cambo on the Couch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cambo on the Couch

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Just a reminder that Wayne Campbell is the scheduled guest tonight "On the Couch" on Fox Footy. I wonder will Gerrard and Wallsy still be sooking about Staf.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
hope,s cambo gives it to them about staff.
i for one would even have told them to stick their couch up their you know where ;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I have Fox footy, but my sis insists on watching who wants to be a millionaire (sad isn't it). Knowing I am a huge Cambo fan, i hope she appreciates this.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'll tell ya's what Campbo says, but geez it's boring watching them waffle on before Campbo makes his appearance.
Otto was on White Line Fever and said he's running every second day, and hopes to play in 6 weeks. If not definitely the week after the break.
He said Dunc pulled up well from his half with Coburg and will probably play a full game this week then be back in the side depending on form etc.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Talking about 'on the couch' am I the only one who likes Bruce Mcavaney, I know he has some annoying habits, but I enjoy watching Talking Footy, can't stand Caroline Wilson, why they persist with her is anyone's guess, i suppose everyone else is tied up with stations who actually show the footy, and I have even softened to Tim Watson. Does this make me shallow :-[

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
No wonder I never watch that show....boring as.

They asked if Greg Stafford was dealt with roughly by the media, and Campbo replied "yes, and you two guys got stuck into him the most."
Change of subject with no further comment.

Campbo credited Walls for suggesting he hit the gym and built up, which enabled him to go from a wingman to ruck roving.

Said the captaincy came at the right time when he needed a challenge, but said he'd be happy for Richo or any other of the leadership group to take over the mantle in the next year or so.

When asked how much longer he'd play for Campbo said it's a year by year proposition now, even though he has 2 years of contract to go.
Said he'd be interested in coaching or footy admin when he retired, among other things.

Said he felt sorry for Richo for copping a bagging for kicking 1-6 in round 1. he said anyone would dread getting their hand on the ball in that situation, but Richo never stopped trying to get it all night.

Said Wayne Brittain had brought a wealth of info to the club and is great for Danny.
Thinks Greg Miller is sitting back having a look and is good for Danny.

Said Johnson is terrific. Hasn't said much but is inspiring how he goes about things.

Praised Cogs for brushing the trainers away when he was knocked out for a few seconds in Adelaide. Just wanted to get on with footy.

Campbo had a personal message for JohnF, said to pass on that the answer is Knighter, ha. ;D

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Thanks Rosy

Makes me wonder if maybe Cambo is disillusioned with footy at the moment, god we will be in trouble if he decides to chuck it in.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I didn't get that impression at all tiggy. I think Campbos at the age all footy players face those issues about how long they'll go on. He was only relplying to questions asked of him.
They didn't ask many team questions, or about Campbo's injury.....or they might have and I'd dozed off, ha... zzzzzz

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
rosy3 said:
Campbo had a personal message for JohnF, said to pass on that the answer is Knighter, ha. ;D

LMAO! Typical modest man that he is, puts Knighter before himself. But we all know the real answer

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
If Richo is to be captain, then Kayne Pettifer should be vice captain. They'll instill the other players with cracking the Jimmy Brits every 5 seconds.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Glad to hear that he didn't come across as ready to chuck in the towel rosy :D

But did he smile, that is the million dollar question ???

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
The way Cambo is going he has been improving from year to year. I expect him to peak at about 40 years old.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
He found it hard to contain his smirk when he took a swipe at them for stringing up Staffy! Great work Campbo..... Like Rosy said, the silence was deafening.
Also on the Brits and Miller thing,it sounded to me (in the tone of his voice or his manner or whatever) that Wayne felt Danny really needed the help... just MO of course..

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
They didn't ask many team questions, or about Campbo's injury.....or they might have and I'd dozed off, ha... zzzzzz

It was hard not to doze off ;)

And what was the fixation with the Knigther/Libba incident of 2 years ago. Some more current events would have been nice

But the silence after Cambo's reply to the Staff question was priceless. ;D