Can we beat the Subiaco hoodoo? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can we beat the Subiaco hoodoo?

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
This year, every time who has lost at Subiaco has lost again the next week. Can we get up to beat the Swans????

What's the deal with Campbo? Bit underdone?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
NO

We will be killed next week, the Swans will run us off our legs, they will be too fast, too skillful and too good.

Duncan will be back, so thats something to look forward to ::) (sarcasm)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
If we get our structure back then yes. Pretty hard to win games without a ruckman :(. Nothing against Vardy as he tried his guts out. Also with Campo and Fleming on the bench most of the night and Staff and Cogs out we lost alot of that hardness we've had this year.

Hopefully Campo was only been nursed through due to his calf and will be right for next week.

sammy gal

JEALOUSY IS A MAJOR CURSE.........SUCKERS!!!
May 22, 2003
ROFLOL!!!!

WHATTA YA MEAN "WE NEVER WEAKEN TILL THE FINAL SIREN"

YOUR ASS GAVE UP AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER.

BTW .....I TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT CAMPBELL YESTERDAY ;D

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
NO

We will be killed next week, the Swans will run us off our legs, they will be too fast, too skillful and too good.

Duncan will be back, so thats something to look forward to ::) (sarcasm)
jumped off the wagon pretty quick DF ::)

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I've never jumped off the wagon in my 20 years onboard.

Just cant see us beating a fast skilful side like Sydney coming back from Perth the week before.

We currently have too many weak links in the team.

P

Parker

With a 7 day break it really shouldn't be an issue providing we have a reasonably light week...

The fact that so many teams have struggled is either due to 6 day breaks or the fact that fitness staff haven't taken it into account...

If we lose next week i hope it isn't used as an excuse..

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
One bonus is that a few guys conserved their energy for next week. ;D

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
If we were playing the swans at the dome, we'd be in trouble. The swans struggle on the G.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Gee it is scary when I agree with Diggler twice in one day ;)

But at the MCG - I reckon we have an advantage over Sydney. It will be interesting who we bring back (read - who will be available)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If Coughlan and Staff are back we will easily beat the Swans. These 2 are crucial to our side and it was evident last night. Its time to put Dunc back into the team IMO. Pettifer, Rogers, King, Biddiscombe have had enough of a go - they provided nothing last night - their days are over. These guys were shocking and have NOTHING to provide the RFC - lets not persist with them. At least Dunc would have put up a fight last night and he needs to be named ahead of these 4. Hilton was shocking and you can add his name to the possible demotions. Krakouer also had a shocking game, but he needs to be persisted with because he has talent - something a handful of players do not. Can Fiora please stop c@ck teasing everyone and bloody take on a game and play like that more often.

I feel we will bounce back strongly because once coughlan and Staff are back they will remind the others whats required. All is not lost..

Don't worry, the Fonze has faith for the tiges for next week.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
From all reports heard so far, Cogs and Campbell, and possibly Staff and Hall will miss next week as well. If this is the case, we have no chance of winning another game until at least 3 of those players return to the side.

Probably the worst timing as we meet Sydney at the G, Kanga's at TD, and the Carlton at the G - 3 games we should win but now look like losable games rather than winnable. If we had Adelaide or Brisbane coming up, missing those players would not have been as crucial as winning was not probable.

We have immediate and definate major problems at Punt Road, just hope we can cope somehow - maybe with a few smart inclusions at the selection table (which I can't see who or where they'll come from) will save us.

Time will tell.

::)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I hope they bring in the likes of Schulz, McGrath and Hyde. If we run with a centreline of Biddiscombe, King, Kellaway, Rogers and Vardy we might as well forfeit the points.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Agreed again Harry (or should that be Arthur. Sorry FONZ)

Also agree with King, Bidders and Co. Surely the guys like HYDE, McGRATH, MILLS and co should be given a chance to show what they have got. No better time than now to see if they have what it takes.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
John and Gus I totally agree. In the circumstances that we find ourselves at present, surely it's a good a time as any to play Hyde MacGrath... but more particularly Schulz given the complete decimation of our tall timber.
The fact they even let Vardy ruck ALL night is a disgrace really.IMO though he can hold his head high can Royce.
You may never be a star you mightn't even play 50 games but I admire your application and applaud the fact that you never stop trying.Any possibility he has been played out of position in the past? Maybe he could do a job on the forward line. Let's face it, as people have said here before.....We aren't ever going to have all of our talls available at any one time so I'd be keeping Royce on and suggesting as I did last year that we get some young talls in the FN drafts!! Atleast 1 young ruckman to develop (Gardiner is in his 7th year at West coast and has only really played good footy 2001 2002 and at present) because they take longer but also get the next replacement for Gaspar and Richo and Holland etc because these guys only have 4 years after this, max!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
vardy should be kept on the list next year definately

he will never be a superstar, and whether he can claim a spot in our 22 is debatable, but he is good value as a back up tall.

He can go forward, back or at a pinch in the ruck, and always gives 110%

Perfect to have on the list for when injury strikes the big man division as it currently has