Can we still win the Premiership - there are precidents! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can we still win the Premiership - there are precidents!

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Absolutely we can.

The loss we had to have? Quite possible.

As I see it, the pressure is now fair and square on the Lions and Power. It’s been a dream run for them both this season. The lions in particular are going to have to play two more faultless games. That’s a huge ask. The scenes after their win on Friday night were very much ‘we have conquered that final hurdle’. Long way to go for them. Cats or pies will be very very difficult assignments and both match up well against them. Then if they get through that they have to back it up again in an even bigger game with all the focus on them.

Power are a strong side. They will be very difficult to beat at home. But there is still something flakey about them. They would be very nervous having to face Richmond in a preliminary final. Very nervous. Probably the one side they didn’t want to get and probably thought they wouldn’t have to.

The challenge has now been set. This side has relished a challenge over the last 3 years - this will be its biggest yet. The way they go about it this Friday night will for me answer a lot of my questions.

I think they are up to it.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Absolutely we can.

The loss we had to have? Quite possible.

As I see it, the pressure is now fair and square on the Lions and Power. It’s been a dream run for them both this season. The lions in particular are going to have to play two more faultless games. That’s a huge ask. The scenes after their win on Friday night were very much ‘we have conquered that final hurdle’. Long way to go for them. Cats or pies will be very very difficult assignments and both match up well against them. Then if they get through that they have to back it up again in an even bigger game with all the focus on them.

Power are a strong side. They will be very difficult to beat at home. But there is still something flakey about them. They would be very nervous having to face Richmond in a preliminary final. Very nervous. Probably the one side they didn’t want to get and probably thought they wouldn’t have to.

The challenge has now been set. This side has relished a challenge over the last 3 years - this will be its biggest yet. The way they go about it this Friday night will for me answer a lot of my questions.

I think they are up to it.
We will find out.
Cant wait to see how Dimma, Trent & the team react to the challenge in front of them.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yeah
Pity Stkilda will have 3 extra players
Every team does Zips against us.

Plus ( our games get umpired differently ) to the rest of the games. Being the first game ( final ) last week the rest of the finals the frees paid against us ( or the way the umpires adjudicated) our game was a stark difference to the other finals.
Again I expect that to be the case on Friday night as we are the first final.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
We should beat St Kilda but they will give everything and have nothing to lose.
Ryder and Carlisle are huge losses.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
It was also a different final 8 system as was the Adelaide one in 1998.

yep I know , they finished 3rd home and away ,after that loss, then had to go back and play the team that finished 5th and then the team that finished 2nd , to make the GF ,

Which would be a similar task I guess

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
why not? beat the Saints comfortably for momentum. go to Port with attitude . win that, the GF is ours ..

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
I think if we really want it we should destroy St Kilda
Would rather play Port in a PRELIM than GF.
Attitude effects Altitude!!
Dare to Dream!!

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Firstly play better this week - ferocious at every contest, completely disciplined and have a better plan for forward ball use. No more bomb it to the top of the square as forward entry option 1. One week at a time starting with this Friday.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Our biggest obstacle to the GF is ourselves and the Umpires at AO should we get through this week.

We make it to the AO we are facing the reaming of all reamings against the Kochies from the maggots in green.

AFL will be circle jerking over a Bears v Kochies GF.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Our biggest obstacle to the GF is ourselves and the Umpires at AO should we get through this week.

We make it to the AO we are facing the reaming of all reamings against the Kochies from the maggots in green.

AFL will be circle jerking over a Bears v Kochies GF.

Umpires weren't great , but we need to cut the exuses we we're second to the ball and intensity down.Our delivery in our 50 was a picnic for Andrews and lions back 6.

Reactions: 2 users