Can’t see a thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can’t see a thread

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Hi mods ( or anyone else who can help). I posted on another thread but thought it might be best to get the advice here. I noticed that I can’t see the AFL 360 thread anywhere on the main board. I can see if someone has had the most recent post in that thread on the main board but when I open up the Dyer Tribe board the thread doesn’t show. If I click on the most recent post I can get into it. Likewise if I get an alert to my post on the thread ( either my post is quoted or liked). I have to click on that alert to get into the thread. Even if I have posted in the thread and it goes straight to the main board, it doesn’t appear. I don’t think I have hit anything to “ block” me from seeing the thread. I can’t find any buttons or tabs to “ rectify” any mistake I’ve made. Any help would be appreciated

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Do you have Bill James on your Ignore list? CLick on your profile, there should be an Ignoring option to see who you might be ignoring. If you ignore the thread starter, you don't see the threads which has made the last few match day threads awkward for many

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
To my knowledge , I haven’t used the ignore button on anyone.
To be honest, I dont think I can even see an ignore button anywhere

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Have just received a response. It is not possible to ignore the post and see the thread.

Only option is that a Mod or Admin starts the Game Day thread.

I wonder what happens if you un-ignore the OP, post a reply to the thread and then ignore again. Probably the same but worth a try?

EDIT tried it, still can't see the thread even if you have posted in it and the OP is on ignore.

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Have just received a response. It is not possible to ignore the post and see the thread.

Thanks T
but I don’t think I’ve put anyone on ignore, definitely not intentionally.
If I have accidentally put someone on ignore, can you “ unignore”?
How can I tell if I have someone on ignore?

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks T
I don't think you can see but I'm looking to see if there is an additional plugin for more advanced ignore features. I'll be back to you asap.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks T
I've just been able to add a new IGNORE feature that allows you to ignore a FORUM or a THREAD (in addition to the USER)... not sure if this resolves anything. But test it out ... find the thread and see what the setting is on the top right in a browser.

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 9.18.13 am.png

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Is there an option for the Mods to change the thread starter? Or create a similar thread, merge the two, with the Mods thread as the first?

Understand it's a pain, but I think it needs a solution before the matchday threads start.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Is there an option for the Mods to change the thread starter? Or create a similar thread, merge the two, with the Mods thread as the first?

Understand it's a pain, but I think it needs a solution before the matchday threads start.
The latter is possible... create a duplicate and merge the two.