Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It was bound to happen with all the tanking to secure early draft picks and build from there
Shouldve beaten them comfortably.
We looked like we fell into Quick sand in the last qtr.
That was the perfect game to demonstrate how not taking your chances bites you on the ass.
We shouldve been up by 6 at qtr time and up by 35+ at 3 qtr time.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Is this the Carlton thread? I love this thread.

Some years ago the Blues were talking about their emerging youth. RFC form students potted the *smile* out of it. Carlton? No youth coming through.

How about that back pocket player they took at #1 in a National Draft? (Who takes a back pocket player?) Does Jacob Wietering get a lot of super coach points? Tall forwards dismantle him. And he knows it and he drops his head. Clayton Oliver went three picks later.

Do you remember Paddy Dow? Went #3 in his ND. Carlton took him. How's he doing? Looking good? Debacle.

Any Lochie O'Brien fans about? There aren't any at Carlton.

Because they have absolutely no youth some Blues may harbour hopes for Tom De Koning. Ivan Soldo, who cannot walk, wiped the floor with him at VFA level three weeks ago. Tom is some kind of lo-cal potato. And not yet demonstrably a fail. But there's plenty of time.

Did you read the hilarious delusion about Sam Petrevski-Seaton this year? He was changing clubs and having proven his mediocrity at Carlton was about to become... an AFL midfielder! The *smile* spent three years on the park with an easel and still couldn't draw a football.

Sam Fisher was always a chance to make it as a HFF/mid. I like him. And I'm sorry it didn't work out.

WTF is a Harrison McReadie?

Remember those green shoots? The youth coming through? Let's talk about Cam Polson. Hang on. Who were we talking about again?

So disastrous has Carlton's recruiting been that Tom Williamson gets a game. Well, I suppose it's not disastrous for him, in that respect.

Brodie Kemp, Sam Ramsay, Sam Philp.

Sam Walsh is a little star. Have they broken him yet? They played him #1 inside mid at 18yo. What's that? He can't walk at 21yo? Oh. Did Carlton play him inside mid from 18yo? Wow. At AFL level? Unbelievable. And now he can't walk? Oh. So, Carlton nailed a draft choice and then broke the player by having no idea of how to protect/cultivate youth? That must hurt them. If Sam Walsh has a manager he leaves.

SOS lost his job over the Liam Stocker delusion. That public delusion was nowhere near as off the mark as the Ben Silvagni choice.

Let's talk more about these "green shoots".

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
By my count, Harry McKay out for 6 weeks means he'll miss out next clash.
Hope not I would rather see how our best defence with Balta and Gibcus now settled there along with Grimes and Tigga goes against them at full strength.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Hope not I would rather see how our best defence with Balta and Gibcus now settled there along with Grimes and Tigga goes against them at full strength.

True it would be a good test but I'd rather the improved chance to beat them. It's a bit superstitious, but I worry about them getting onto a 10 game winning streak against us, as had happened between our clubs for about a decade or more.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
True it would be a good test but I'd rather the improved chance to beat them. It's a bit superstitious, but I worry about them getting onto a 10 game winning streak against us, as had happened between our clubs for about a decade or more.
Things I don't worry about: Carlton getting on a 10 game winning streak against us.; I'll be shocked if it gets to two. :)

Reactions: 3 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
How's Bryce Gibbs swanning back into the club yesterday like he loves the joint: https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1172139/welcome-back-bryce-gibbs-returns-to-ikon-park

Get bent you c***.

Bloke couldn't wait to p1ss off when the joint was on its knees - which he tried not once, but twice, thinking he was heading off to slot into an Adelaide side pushing for a flag. Can't believe the supporters wetting themselves over Bryce's little visit forget this - leaving when the club couldn't take another kick in the guts.

Now things are going well he turns up again prancing around like he's Mr Carlton. Betting he wouldn't even p1ss on the joint if it had worked out for him in Adelaide.

You'll always be a turncoat who nicked off on the club at its darkest hour, and no amount of grovelling will change that.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
How's Bryce Gibbs swanning back into the club yesterday like he loves the joint: https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1172139/welcome-back-bryce-gibbs-returns-to-ikon-park

Get bent you c***.

Bloke couldn't wait to p1ss off when the joint was on its knees - which he tried not once, but twice, thinking he was heading off to slot into an Adelaide side pushing for a flag. Can't believe the supporters wetting themselves over Bryce's little visit forget this - leaving when the club couldn't take another kick in the guts.

Now things are going well he turns up again prancing around like he's Mr Carlton. Betting he wouldn't even p1ss on the joint if it had worked out for him in Adelaide.

You'll always be a turncoat who nicked off on the club at its darkest hour, and no amount of grovelling will change that.
Carlton’s very own version of Deledio. Funny how things started getting better when he left…

On a side note, always wondered if there was any truth to the rumors surrounding Gibbs and his problems following him to Adelaide?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Might be going to Essendumb.
If so Carltoon want a compensation pick for the loss
I say GAGF. What other industry will see an employer compensated because one of their employees left because they didn’t want to abide by the rules and then when those rules change, the employee goes to another employer?

Reactions: 1 user