Carlton ditch Northern Bullants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carlton ditch Northern Bullants

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I just heard that after one year, Carlton has decided to end its association with the Northen Bullants and will field their own team for the VFL as of next year.

The reason behind this was that players werent developing the way Carlton wanted them to.

I believe and have said most of this season Richmond should also field their own VFL team.

That way Richmond is totally responsible for the youngsters and can develop them to fit the senior list, not Coburgs list.

Sure it costs more money to the club, but on the development side, we'd be much better off and should be able to reap between awards from up and coming players whom are developing.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Interesting that you raise Richmonds affiliation with Coburg as i heard Bondy on 3aw this evening say that the Tigers were considering going it alone next year like Carlton.

As apart of going it alone many of there saturday matches would be played under lights at puntroad.

I guess we'll wait and see.