Casey has no credibility | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Casey has no credibility

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
Just finished watching "On the Couch" on Foxtel.

Inevitably, talk turned to the Tigers and Danny Frawley.

Robert Walls IMHO made a very strong and thoughtful comment when he said that a month ago Clinton Casey guaranteed Frawley would coach for the remainder of the year, and then tried to change his tune on the weekend by putting the onus on the players to decide Frawley's future.

Walls said he thought Casey's comments were "ordinary" and that he had "lost all credibility."

KB and Patrick Smith said eaxactly the same thing on SEN this morning.

I also noted Wayne Campbell's comments today when asked about Casey's comments. He said that the player's job was to play and the administrator's job was to administrate.

When a reporter (Tony Jones from Nine I think) said: "But the ball's really in your court now?'

Campbell replied: "No, it's in his court."

Jones: "Who the President?"

Campbell: "Yeah, the President."

So no mattter how hard Casey tries to hide and shift the blame, it seems the consensus is clear on who is actually accountable. Have a look in the mirror fella!

Walls, Smith and KB...talk about people with no credibility. Two dills who understand less about RFC than FUD does and one who cares so much he wont go to any official club functions.

I dont see what Casey has done wrong. All he said was that if the players loose faith in FUD then the club would have to consider the coaching position. What is the alternative ...The players loose faith in the coach and we carry on regardless?

I think there is plenty wrong with our club from the coach, player to the white haired dude with the white board. Casey is the least of our worriesat the moment. Lets not take our eye off the ball. Its not Casey who sends a team out unprepaired for what they are about to face. And its not Casey who cant hit a target 30 m away. :-[

But it is Casey who fell in to the same old administratvie trap of assuring the coaches position until the end of the season...and then, as would always be expected, duly turned around and tried to change his stance mid-season. Daphne stood down after making such a blunder. Will Casey?

I think it's obvious that the players have lost confidence in Danny, they just won't fess up to it.

I am losing faith in CC because we've had three board resignations, Mithen was appointed 20 minutes before a pre-game dinner and fronted the media in his jeans and T and there's still no word on the other board replacements that were apparently knocking down the door.

I have the uneasy feeling that once again our clubs foundations are rotten and as the saying goes "you need to lay a solid foundation to construct a long lasting and stable building".

Agree, TT.

As I have posted previously on the AGM/Election board, I am very uneasy about CC's secretive (dare I say dictatorial) style of "leadership".

Now the finances appear to be wobbling, and the club is lurching from crisis to crisis, where is our fearless leader ?

Can you imagine Eddie, Smorgon, or Jackson hiding in the attic in a situation like this ? I think not.

I sincerely hope that the veil of secrecy that he is hiding behind will be lifted before it is too late.

I seriously fear for our club with this bloke at the helm.

Transperancy is a basic requirement of running a football club, considering it's such a public organisation.

A Board with no transperancy is a board doomed to fail.

Casey at the next election, lets just hope there's some decent candidates to challenge Clinton.

Casey has done nothing special since he has been at the club. So far he has scared off 3 board members, pledged his word on a failed coach, ran the club into a massive debt. What's his next trick sell Punt Road to Collingwood.

Ive never been an advocate of CC......I beleive he came to the club when we were stable and well, this boat is a rockin' and our captain is taking a snooze or flirting in the pool with some birds in bikinis.....

I think regardless, he has to do what is right for us and if that means going back on his word then so be it. I say he is the idiot for coming out and making comments about Frawley in the first place.

Was watching the game on Friday night and although I dont like the Hawks president Ian Dicker, how good did it look seeing him dressed up with his beloved Hawks scarf wrapped around him, and then on Saturday in Canberra we see the Doggies president Smorgon out on the ground singing the song.

Yet whenever we see Clinton Casey he is sitting in the stands looking sour as ever in his suit with his ear phones in.

Show some Passion about our club Mr Casey

Typically a president's business interests are a benefit to their club. With Clinton is Richmond benefiting from his business or is his business benefiting from Richmond.. IMO The Later might be the case(y).

OK, but the fact remains that Casey put a few mill of his own dosh into the club during the off season to insure that we remained a viable entity. A club like Richmond has very little cash flow outside of the footy season, so my question to those who want Casey out, is where will this money come from during the next cricket season? It's all very well to bleat and whinge about the bloke's dress sense, but personally I'm more worried about the bottom line - i.e. keeping RFC soluble. Solutions anyone?

Tigerblood said:
OK, but the fact remains that Casey put a few mill of his own dosh into the club during the off season to insure that we remained a viable entity. 

I haven't heard about Casey putting any of his own money in let alone a few million.

Other than offering to go guarantor, which shouldn't cost him a cent if the club is run properly, what has he actually given his own money for?

I'd hate to think we were going so poorly that the president had to put in millions of dollars.

If it isn't fact it shouldn't be posted because it paints the club in a pretty bad light if we've had millions donated and are still struggling financialy.

I dont see what Casey has done wrong.  All he said was that if the players loose faith in FUD then the club would have to consider the coaching position.  What is the alternative ...The players loose faith in the coach and we carry on regardless?

Casey is the least of our worriesat the moment.  Lets not take our eye off the ball.  Its not Casey who sends a team out unprepaired for what they are about to face.  And its not Casey who cant hit a target 30 m away. :-[

Disagree totally

Casey has made his position clear that he runs the club.
He has overseen the clause that was removed from DFs contract.
He has led this current admin from a $600000 surplus to a reputed $2 million loss on the back of a good membership campaign.
3 directors have left in a secretive manner and hinted it was because of CCs tenure.
We are going to finish very close to last place,after one win in our final 14 matches and continued to bluff everyone that the right man to take us forward was already coaching us.

The least of our worries!!!!!!!!
Major worry... :(

Pressure should be on DF and CC.

How can you possibly blame the players when DF has had 5 years to get it right and recruit who he wants and have whatever game plan he wants.

For Clinton Casey to ask the players to come out and say Danny Frawley is a dud is a disgrace. The way they are playing surely is enough to prove that he cant coach and they dont play for him.

Should do an anonymous ballot of all the players on the list as to their real thoughts.

Collingwood are currently 1 & 5. Is anyone calling for King Eddie to step down. No Why because the Presidents job is to take care of off field issues.

Fud and the players are responsible for the mess we see most games not the pres

Off-field CC may have a case to answer. I dont know what caused the three directors to leave a month after the election cos these cowards have never spoken about what the problems are. I would have thought that if their priorities were RFC then they would still be there working to improve things.

Joshnbeks Dad said:
Collingwood are currently 1 & 5.  Is anyone calling for King Eddie to step down.  No   Why because the Presidents job is to take care of off field issues.

Fud and the players are responsible for the mess we see most games not the pres

Off-field CC may have a case to answer.  I dont know what caused the three directors to leave a month after the election cos these cowards have never spoken about what the problems are.  I would have thought that if their priorities were RFC then they would still be there working to improve things.

Their position became 'untenable' because of Caseys demands and financial 'arrangements' he made on behalf of the club without the commitees sanction.
So you suggest that Brendan Schwab and Co just agree to CCs ideals even if they think they are destructive to the club, and in one case illegal,just to show there love for Richmond??

Come off it :mad: