Ian Campbell has resigned | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ian Campbell has resigned

RoyceHart

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 20, 2003
Melbourne
SEN just announced that Ian Campbell has resigned from the Richmond football club!

What is going on down there!!!

RoyceHart said:
SEN just announced that Ian Campbell has resigned from the Richmond football club!

Might have got sick of working for idiots? :(

Dear o dear.
What will happen next week after a 100 point flogging.
Its funny how no one resigns after a good win!
No great loss.
They would of got the same amount of productivity if they appointed David Norman to do the job!!!

From the RFC Website:

Tiger CEO steps down
4:05:53 PM Wed 26 May, 2004
richcmondfc.com.au

The Richmond Football Club wishes to advise that its CEO Ian Campbell today offered his resignation, which has been accepted by the Board of Directors.

Campbell, who took over the post in May last year after a 20-year stint in international business, will leave the club at the end of this week.

“I have enjoyed my time at Tigerland a great deal and I would just like to thank all those who have made me, and my family, feel so welcome here, Campbell said.

“Richmond is a great club and I hope in the not-too-distant future it can again achieve the sort of success its loyal supporters crave, and deserve.”

The Tigers’ president, Clinton Casey, said Campbell’s departure from Punt Road was an amicable arrangement.

“We would like to thank Ian for the way he has conducted himself through what has been a difficult time at the club,” Casey said.

“He genuinely embraced the club from the moment he walked in and, at all times, acted with Richmond’s best interests at heart.

“We wish him all the best for the future.”

hopefully this is the start of it and now the man who is to blame for the whole farce the coach will do the same.

David C said:
RoyceHart said:

Might have got sick of working for idiots?    :(

David, you have your finger on the pulse more than any of us sorry punters....WTF is going on down there.

In all seriousness, it takes more than 12 months for a CEO to really F**K things up, so I would hardly hold any blame on Ian Campbell. Like the rest of us, he must know that off field success is a direct correlation to on field success. He could be Mark McCormick (IMG fame) and it wouldn't matter, with the crap football team we have.

Cheers Caroline Wilson :mad:....At least it gives you something else to write :mad:

What a great day this is turning out to be - this morning and Caro Wilson's article that we will finish season $2m in red and now the CEO resigns!

What is going on?

Let's hope Casey follows. But seriously, what the hell is going on down there?

What is amicable arrangement :mad: :mad: :mad:
More 'she'll be right' smokescreens??
How can a successful international sports administrator not be good enough for RFC,if he's good enough for Nike and the NBA why is he in a long line of CEOs in a dole queue?

When will Casey give us answers as to why we are 4 senior management or board members lighter this season??

Was Campbell the guy who spilt the beans to Caroline Wilson for her article perhaps?? :-\

No wonder the footy department cant operate properly. this means that any prospective coach would have 2nd thoughts about coming to RFC.

Rampaging Richo said:
David C said:
RoyceHart said:

Might have got sick of working for idiots?    :(

David, you have your finger on the pulse more than any of us sorry punters....WTF is going on down there.

My "mail" is that he wanted certain personnell changes at the club (in the football area), and didn't get them.

What else there is to the decision I don't really know, but I could make a few guesses.

David C said:
My "mail" is that he wanted certain personnell changes at the club (in the football area), and didn't get them.

What else there is to the decision I don't really know, but I could make a few guesses.

Guess away....

Did he dare to speak some sense and suggest that having Dudly as coach was a major reason why we are struggling financially. The masses don't think he can coach, and while he is there we will struggle on and off the field.

Or was it the number of personnal in the footy department?

Well I'm guessing it's a clash with Casey. We all know Caseys style of "Do what I say or leave" management, . The guy probable got frustrated and left.

He was one of the nicest guys around. I traveled to Rosebud for a club match this season and talked with him for a while. Week later same thing went to optus oval and he came to me and said hello. So a big lose now that he has gone. All the best Ian.