CD burning problem. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CD burning problem.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I am having trouble trying to burn some cd's with Nero.

I burned 1 of a double cd set, no problems. Then tried to burn the 2nd one and only the first 4 tracks would burn. So I tried again on a fresh disc, same problem.

Then I tried a different CD to burn and the same thing happened.

As far as I know the CDs I am attempting to burn are not digitally protected.

Any Ideas??

Did you ever get his sorted out TD? I use Nero a bit, but find RecordNow alot more effective.

Sorry not to post earlier, but this is my first visit to the tech corner :)

G'day Disco. I never did get it sorted out.
The other day, for the first time, I tried to burn a cd of mp3 files I have. Like a song compilation CD.
Anyway, it got through the process a fair way and then it stopped and told me the process had failed.
I put the CD on and the first track plays fine but then cuts out with a minute or so to go and then that is it. No more songs. :(

Very frustrating. :mad:

TD if its a protection issue i suggest you get your hands on a program called Clone cd writer.
it bypasses most protections.

hi
i have used clonecd for a couple of years and it works fine every time. it has a much easier interface than nero. nero is ok but it isnt very user friendly

Cass

If you have more than one CD burning program uninstall them both then re-install only one - they're known to conflict with each other. Ideally you would unplug the CD burner then install the software then the burner but I realise this is a bit advanced for most end users so just try uninstall and re-install.

Nero is fine and easy to use, especially if you use Nero Express.

The problem could also be in your CD drive. I had a similar problem with an Iomega one a couple of years ago after just a few weeks use. It cost me many CD's before I worked out it was the hardware and not the software. All I can say is that their support sucks BIG time and I'll never again buy any of their products.

Have a look to see if the CDs you are using are CD-Rs or CD-RWs.

If CD-Rs, write once, read many. Should record immediately.

If CD-RW, write many, read many. You may likely need to format the CD-RW initially.

Nero is tricky. I have the DVD/CD version both at work and at home.

CD-RW's are generally not suitable for music, better for data. If you can check your Nero settings, and pass them on, that may give an answer. I run Nero, and have done for about 4 and a half years. I get the occasional "coffee coaster", but that's probably 1 in 50 discs, both with CD's and DVD's. IMHO it's one of the best burning programs around. Pass on the details and I will do the best I can to help.

cheers,

smoo.