Changes V Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Suns

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Noah is best suited as a HF , or ruck rover type for now that can just use his size and athletic power to burn the opposition once he works out what its all about.

He may become a Key Defensive Prospect down the track.

Apart from Rance and Dave, we dont really have any others, Garth is undersized and not as agile or athletic as Grimes and Broad so isnt really a 3rd tall at AFL level. Miller is not setting the world on fire with his development either.

Grimes and Broad are perfect 3rd talls that are versatile and can cover for periods in games but not play the role week in week out.

The Tigers need another true key defender with size ie 197cm 98kg+
Agree that we don’t have an obvious replacement for Rance. Who does? And that Noah’ s best position at this point maybe half-forward or on the ball.
But to prepare for Hawkins, Cameron and the Brisbane guy this September, IMO worth giving him a go at it now.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Out: Soldo
In: Balta

Bulletproof Jack has a long history of playing through injuries. A naturally healing grade 3 PCL tear is uncommon and sensitive to workload though. I feared he would miss the rest of the season, so it's great to see his name in this thread even if he's a month away.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Ellis was our worst. 11 disposals doesn't cut it for someone with his tank. Also watched him several times not go that extra mile to kill the contest.
Think when Jack Ross comes back can see Ellis going out.

Started the year well but the last few games has played meow!
Ellis played a good defensive shut down role and it was obvious he was playing to instructions not to go to contests, But pick up the overlap and shut down the dangerous space saints runners go to. His hard work and positioning freed dusty and prestia up as cotch was copping the hard tag and when ellis got forward he should have had 2 more well earnt goals to his name, Bolton ball hogged in the first and mucked up the ellis mark and then lambert gave battle a soft free, a gentle nudge and ellis split the middle but it came back. No way ellis get replaced, He can do so many team related unheralded tasks with his running power and all round skills.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jack for Broad. Chol can swing back. If Jack is not ready - No change.

Chol for Broad surely you are joking.

Vlastuin, Broad, Grimes and Dave will play every week from here on into September save for injury or suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Actually, I don't see it yet. Good Bellis has far more impact atm than good Baker. Bad Bellis actually hurts while bad Baker is just invisible, I'll grant you. Not useful to compare these two, very different roles.

What? Baker's been a revelation this year. Averaging 18 disposals as a forward. 4.5 years younger than Ellis. The only thing that Ellis hurts is my mind having to watch him play week in week out.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Ellis has a finals body. Sure he was woeful to some contests however he did enough.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Some said,outs caddy,short,no way in hell will that happen,short is AFL number one ball carrier, caddy is vital to us just like lynch had no preseason,my outs maybe Ellis,macca due to not enough pill in basically mid positions.

Reactions: 1 user

crackajack71

What Tiger?
Oct 19, 2006
I'd probably drop Caddy. we've lost too much pace with Lynch and Caddy. It comes out of our 50 really easily with these 2 in there I reckon
I think Caddy should stay, you're right he doesn't have the pace but makes up for it with his bigger body and smarts, he also has a bit of Rex Hunt and gets under the oppositions skin and always sticks up for the younger guys. His form is a little down but I believe he will improve in the coming weeks.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think Caddy should stay, you're right he doesn't have the pace but makes up for it with his bigger body and smarts, he also has a bit of Rex Hunt and gets under the oppositions skin and always sticks up for the younger guys. His form is a little down but I believe he will improve in the coming weeks.

In 2018 form, he's probably best 8 and I agree his niggle and presence is important.

But ive noticed the last month how easily its coming out of our forward 50. It just pings out like we are Carlton or the suns. we did get a bit of food ferocity back in the 2nd half, but Its been very un-richmond.

3 blokes will need to make way for jack, Nank and Ross hopefully in the next few weeks.

and on form, bellis, George and josh would have to be the subject of discussion in the MC. Balmey would also be punctuating his vanilla slices with the names Broad Soldo Kmac and Graham on form also.

Shorty releases Stackman in one of the best releases ever conceived and the MC obviously rate him as a VIP. $hai is like a box of fireworks soaked in petrol and stays. Mabs played himself at least another week, possibly 10.

Having said all that, Im not gunning for Josh and I dont think they would drop him, because he is so important when he's going and he showed signs of form in the 2nd half

But the balance of our forward 50 is where we will win the flag and its still a complete mystery. need to settle on 6 out of Lynch, jack, Chol, piglet, George, sheds, $hai, stackman, Danny, caddy.

this week, I reckon I'd try

$hai Jack Stackman

Danny Lynch George

Who wouldn't pay to watch the jack $hai and stackman show?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As we usually nearly always have lowly teams play their GF game against us, I'd be expecting GC to do the same especially with some rivalries to clash. Prestia v Miles will be one to watch along with a definite booooing against Lynch. Let's hope the 'rent a home crowd' stays at the beach.....

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
As we usually nearly always have lowly teams play their GF game against us, I'd be expecting GC to do the same especially with some rivalries to clash. Prestia v Miles will be one to watch along with a definite booooing against Lynch. Let's hope the 'rent a home crowd' stays at the beach.....

We will nearly have more supporters than them there.

Third Ring

Richmond is...
Oct 3, 2003
They also now need to fight to not finish last, and may remember dusting us up a few times previously.