Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Anticipating that Hopper and Martin will be available and Gibcus, Short, Smith, Tarrant, and of course Broad and Colina, will not.
Settle.
We were well done by the pies who won it with better system, speed and disposal. Can't settle all of those in one hit but some failings are pretty obvious, with some specific difficulties able to be addressed immediately.

Out Riewoldt and Ryan (couldn't get it) managed and Ralphsmith, Mansell, and Rioli M Jr (couldn't kick it), relegated.

In Green*, Hopper, Martin, Miller and Sonsie.

B Young Balta Vlastuin
HB Green Grimes Rioli D,
C McIntosh Hopper Pickett
HF Bolton Graham Baker
F Cumberland Martin Lynch
R Nankervis Taranto Prestia
I/C Clarke Cotchin Miller and Sonsie
Sub Ross.

Out Riewoldt and Ryan (couldn't get it) managed and Ralphsmith, Mansell, and Rioli M Jr (couldn't kick it), relegated.

That would be the slowest team we've fielded in years

Out: Mansell Ralphsmith (both doing their jobs but aren't good enough) Clarke (good enough but not doing his job yet)

In: Hopper Martin Sonsie

Also, if we're worried about being too slow, we could drop Nank, ruck Ryan and keep a runner as sub.

We won't ever do that though.

You can guarantee Ryan will be dropped this week.

In: Dusty Hoops Shorty Sonz
Out: Ross Ralphy Samson Juddy

B: Grimes Balta Young
HB: Prince Tigga Bakes
C: Marlion Taranto KMac
HF: Shai Lynch Dusty
F: MoJu Jack Cumbo
R: Nank Hoops Dion
I: Sonz Graham Shorty Chimp
S: Mansell

Reactions: 2 users
Anticipating that Hopper and Martin will be available and Gibcus, Short, Smith, Tarrant, and of course Broad and Colina, will not.
Settle.
We were well done by the pies who won it with better system, speed and disposal. Can't settle all of those in one hit but some failings are pretty obvious, with some specific difficulties able to be addressed immediately.

B Young Balta Vlastuin
HB Green Grimes Rioli D,
C McIntosh Hopper Pickett
HF Bolton Graham Baker
F Cumberland Martin Lynch
R Nankervis Taranto Prestia
I/C Clarke Cotchin Miller and Sonsie
Sub Ross.
Biggie's last two games head and shoulders better than Miller. JR8 still kicked clutch goals when needed.

In: Hopper, Dusty, Sonsie, Short
Out: Ralph-Smith, Ross, Cotchin, Riewoldt

Sub: Mansell

Keep Juddy drop moJu fumbly and not scoring and down on tackles.

Reactions: 1 user

Ross I thought did pretty well for a first game back.
Young players should get a couple of games, particularly if their first back is against the current flag favourite.
Wouldn't be dropping Clarke or Ross.
On the other hand what has Jack done so far this year to make you think he is about to blow, and should be keeping a youngster out?

Biggie's last two games head and shoulders better than Miller. JR8 still kicked clutch goals when needed.
Didn't see last weeks VFL game but I thought Miller the better player of the two today. Plus he can be shifted to play key position. Not so Biggie.
Jack kicked two valuable goals last night, but for most of the rest of the game sadly, he wasn't able to contest.

Ross I thought did pretty well for a first game back.
Young players should get a couple of games, particularly if their first back is against the current flag favourite.
Wouldn't be dropping Clarke or Ross.
On the other hand what has Jack done so far this year to make you think he is about to blow, and should be keeping a youngster out?

I just don't get your beliefs around footy. We are still i the flag hunt, yet you have wanted Tarrant retired and want Jack retired. They are both a lot better than our next group in those positions. You essentially want to dump Jack for Miller in the forward line, lets reverse the question. What makes you think Miller can do the same or better than Jack in the forward line??? Reference Jakcs 2nd goal yesterday from the boundary line and compare that to Miller against Carlton. I like Miller back and in the ruck but I'm yet to be convinced he can score enough goals when forward.

Despite some of the rhetoric, our older players won't be dropped for this one.

In Hopper, Short, Martin and Sonsie (though I'd consider leaving Martin another week, we need him to be at full fitness)
Out Ross (will make us too slow if we bring Hopper back in), Hugo, Ryan, Clarke (I liked Clarkes game, particularly in the first half)

Cumberland and Mansell to swap the forward / sub positions

If 1 of the returning 3 don't play, then we keep Clarke in the side.

Out: Ralphsmith (not up to it); Maurice (poor kicking & fumbles); Mansell (not up to it); Ross (either him or Graham); Ryan (want to see ruck in VFL).
In: Martin, Hopper, Short, Sonsie & Miller. I’d make Cotchin the sub.

Out: Ralphsmith Clarke Ross Mansell
In: Hopper Martin Sonsie Short

Martin must go back to his normal role and play mid and role forward when required.