Changes vs Port Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Adelaide

Geez. That reeks of lack of self belief.
Ouzo's job is senior coach, he owns the box and his assistants. If he's gunna have Livingstone in the box to oversee n evaluate his performance then Livo should be hiding somewhere way up the back of the box with a quick bit of feedback during the breaks. Not sitting on his shoulder n advising as they go.
Interested to know Has Livingstone coached an AFL side? Apart from playing 8 AFL games what has he achieved?
Yze has been appointed head coach he should be able to run the team and manage his assistants during the week and on match days
If Livingstone knows it all he should’ve been appointed coach

Interested to know Has Livingstone coached an AFL side? Apart from playing 8 AFL games what has he achieved?
Yze has been appointed head coach he should be able to run the team and manage his assistants during the week and on match days
Yze was the one who requested Livingstone sit up in the box next to him.

Livingstone analyses the coaching box and provides feedback at the request of Yze.

Let’s get our facts right people.

Reactions: 12 users

Livingstone analyses the coaching box and provides feedback at the request of Yze.

Facts? What are they?
Do they come to this forum often?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Like the team
Reckon we win this.
Something is brewing at punt road.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

If you’re ready to be a senior coach you shouldn’t be second guessing yourself and need your hand held during match days

If you’re ready to be a senior coach you shouldn’t be second guessing yourself and need your hand held during match days

That's a very old school boofhead logic.

The best practitioners in any discipline are reflective and seek feedback.

Reactions: 17 users
That's a very old school boofhead logic.

The best practitioners in any discipline are reflective and seek feedback.
Couldn’t agree more CT.

Also say he has confidence in his ability and not immune to any constructive feedback.

Reactions: 4 users
FFS Livingston has been there for our three premierships, he has achieved plenty.

Reactions: 10 users
When you look at our midfield without dusty and Bolton in it, it is lacking both class and speed.
It does not help that all three of our latest wingers Ross Macca and Marlion are not quick and they all lack hurt factor with ball in hand imo.

It is no longer 2017 - 2020 where defensive running was the be all end all. Good decision making, line breaking pace and great foot skills are the requirements of wingers today and yes they need to be able to run both ways so a good motor is also a requirement.

I have thought the last two seasons that Dan Rioli should play. I think James Trezise would make a great winger as well.
Banks and Brown are actually half backs. I think that is where we need to play em. Rioli to wing would free up one spot.

I know it is a lot of changes and it is not going to happen, but i would have liked to see something like the following.

Vlastuin - Miller - Grimes
Brown - Balta - Short

Rioli - Martin - Trezise
Naismith - Taranto - Bolton

Clarke - Lefau - Campbell
Nankervis - Lynch - Cumberland

Hopper - McAuliffe - Baker - Broad - Banks.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Clearly the match committee has a role for both of those players. If they keep doing the role that they're selected for (I'd say they MC would see goals as a bonus) then they will keep getting selected. Mansell for example was brought straight back in. The club has been pretty forthright on this in the past. Yes I'd like to see them both hit the scoreboard more too, but their role is obviously not dependant on that. Role players don't get to enjoy the glamorous stuff. But footy teams are pretty crap without them.
Name me recent successful teams that have 2 forwards playing week in-week out with this output.
They have to be able to kick bags when their turn comes - see Jack Higgins tonight, the little Pies bloke in the GF etc
We can’t carry two blokes in the fwd line with goals as a ‘bonus’ who never damage the opposition on the scoreboard.
Like i said we have very different views obviously. Lets see how much patience the MC has

Reactions: 1 user
Imagine that, Geecheat trade out their future first (Brown) for the #20 pick at the time (Holmes). We then go on to pass on van Hoogenband at pick 17 opting for Brown, JVR consequently landing at Melbn 2 picks later (#19). Then come end of this season Brown requests a trade to Geecheat. Couldn't script that.
Depending on what we get back from Geelong

When you look at our midfield without dusty and Bolton in it, it is lacking both class and speed.
It does not help that all three of our latest wingers Ross Macca and Marlion are not quick and they all lack hurt factor with ball in hand imo.

It is no longer 2017 - 2020 where defensive running was the be all end all. Good decision making, line breaking pace and great foot skills are the requirements of wingers today and yes they need to be able to run both ways so a good motor is also a requirement.

I have thought the last two seasons that Dan Rioli should play. I think James Trezise would make a great winger as well.
Banks and Brown are actually half backs. I think that is where we need to play em. Rioli to wing would free up one spot.

I know it is a lot of changes and it is not going to happen, but i would have liked to see something like the following.

Vlastuin - Miller - Grimes
Brown - Balta - Short

Rioli - Martin - Trezise
Naismith - Taranto - Bolton

Clarke - Lefau - Campbell
Nankervis - Lynch - Cumberland

Hopper - McAuliffe - Baker - Broad - Banks.
Agree on Trezise and Rioli and the wings generally but imo we really need Pickett to have the opportunity to make a 100. Maybe sub but where to from there?
Don't really care for Balta going back but for one game pitting Naismith against big Soldo, I get the point.

Reactions: 1 user