Changes vs Port Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Adelaide

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mansell keeps his spot.
This proves how far we have fallen.
How does Mansell keep his spot ahead of Coulthard, Clarke, Cumberland & Sonsie is unbelievable
3 coaches later and nothing has changed with team selection some are gifted game after game

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Disappointed not to see any of Clarke, Coulthard or McAuliffe. Understand Sonsie might need a run in the twos first.. but he is another who should be in this side to inject some class asap.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Won’t go back. Will play tall and small in the forward line.
Not so sure. Balta and Nankervis will both be used in the ruck, which means that Balta is more likely to play forward.
If all goes well in the backline Lefau may not be needed but I wouldn’t count on all going well.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Well the young cubs get their shot at the big time. They have earned their spot so good luck. Horney-Franger out as well for Porters so some bonus for Tigers.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Not so sure. Balta and Nankervis will both be used in the ruck, which means that Balta is more likely to play forward.
If all goes well in the backline Lefau may not be needed but I wouldn’t count on all going well.
The Frenchman can play relief ruck, saving Balta's efforts as a forward target.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Round 2, Richmond v Port Adelaide, Sunday, March 24, 4.00pm AEDT, MCG
In:
Tom Brown, James Trezise, Sam Banks, Mykelti Lefau, Ben Miller
Out: Dion Prestia (injured), Josh Gibcus (injured), Jacob Hopper (injured), Nathan Broad (injured), Tylar Young (concussion)

New: Mykleti Lefau

BacksDylan Grimes2Ben Miller46Nick Vlastuin1
Half-BacksJayden Short15James Trezise36Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Shai Bolton29Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsNoah Balta21Dustin Martin4Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Thomson Dow27Liam Baker7
Interchange:Tom Brown30Jack Ross5Sam Banks41
Maurice Rioli10Mykelti Lefau42
Emergencies:Samson Ryan32Judson Clarke23Hugo Ralphsmith13
Nice side, when’s the AFL side announced?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Pleased to see Lefau selected.
A strong unit, he can run through the defenders, enabling crumbers.
Don't normally watch much of other games but saw that St Kilda established the early momentum.
They bombed the ball in to the pack quickly before the Pies could settle their defence.

Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Nothing surer than after Port kick the first 5 goals Balta will be sent back.
The backline as it lines up is going to get killed. Far too small. Kosi just had to come in to play CHB.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The Frenchman can play relief ruck, saving Balta's efforts as a forward target.

All possibilities. On Mykelti and Noah, I have been following both pretty closely since their respective arrivals.

Just have a sense that they are going to be very good for us. They seem to mirror each other in their backgrounds, and in many of their football actions. Really looking forward to seeing them play together.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Disappointed not to see any of Clarke, Coulthard or McAuliffe. Understand Sonsie might need a run in the twos first.. but he is another who should be in this side to inject some class asap.

Some of those selected must be aware that they face a genuine challenge to keep their positions.
It won’t hurt their motivation and performance and maybe it helps us get off to a good start.

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Wasn’t dimma’s first ever win against port when we were severely undermanned and rank underdogs? History might repeat tomorrow. Sure, in that game we had Lids & Cuz, and some babies in Astbury, Cotch, Edwards, Dusty and Jack but we also had Webberley, Matt White, Ben Nason, Gus Bus, Mitch Farmer & Andrew Collins.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
These were not my views, I was outlining how the MC view differs from yours. Perhaps go back and read my post again. Both players selected again this week as defensive forwards. Shai's job is to kick bags of goals, Dusty's, Lynch's and even Balta's. Nobody in their right mind is expecting MRJ or Mansell to kick a bag of goals, yet they keep getting selected. So they're not being selected to kick bags of goals. You're coming at this from the wrong angle imo.
I am aware they are getting selected.
I am not in Match Committee but yes I am sure they have their reasons and roles.
I am coming from the angle being my opinion..!! Which I stand by as well.
At least my opinion is clear

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
I dont disagree he should get a crack in the ones to show what hes got,

but the logic is a bit flawed.

if he's a reserves level footballer, you want Geelong to take him.

not making the comparison, but ben Lennon and Corey ellis had elite feet.
Yep, lets see what he has got, more than one game though

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Very little chance of winning this, but I’d love to see it so Seth can celebrate a win.
In the rain?
Over there and the conditions were horrendous. They were also celebrating a club milestone. We’d been getting close without taking the chocolates. I think it was Griffiths (Griffens for Zips) debut, too.

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023
After seeing Sonsie and McAuliffe in the VFL, they could've easily played this week on form. They'll be in for future depth in coming rounds.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
After seeing Sonsie and McAuliffe in the VFL, they could've easily played this week on form. They'll be in for future depth in coming rounds.
In next week for mine possibly with Broad and Hopper and Young.

Get the higher quality juniors in now and start getting games into them and have them embedded into the new core fabric going forward.

Lots of blokes under the pump tomorrow which is only a good thing.

Miller, MRJ Mansell, Dow, Banks,, Ross. Trezise and Brown probably those most at risk of being replaced if things go poorly tomorrow.

Banks probably gets the vest or Junior.

Reactions: 1 users