Checkmate!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Checkmate!!!

CrouchinTiger

"May the Funk be with you" George Clinton
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Greg Miller will be the saviour of this club mark my words!

Frawley will be gone by the end of the year and there will be some big changes to the playing list.

Houllihan, Rodgers, King, Biddiscomb, Bowden plus several others gone..........

We made the the top 3 with pretty much the same list in 2001.

Frawley was the man who moved the pieces back then...........times have changed my fellow ferals. I believe there is instability and I saw that with Miller leaving the ground with Frawley at the Collingwood match. Call it what you may but that's a sign of weakness.........Frawley knows it but he can't stop the trend of losses.

I would not be at all suprised if our saviour has already had a quiet word into the ears of a few senior players on what he wants to do.......and what he expects of them.

Me thinks RFC is going to have a huge off season.....

Checkmate!!!

Winner Miller ;)

CrouchinTiger

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
With memo's like the one leaked last night. I think the RFC has already made their decision..................... this memo was no accident. :eek:

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
When have your predictions ever been wrong NostraCrouchingTiger? The plot thickens. ;D

CrouchinTiger

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
The memo was written before Collingwoods match...........Miller walks off with danny in so called support......cue the the leaked memo....clockwork. ;)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Laff is 100% on the money. Well done Laff ;)

Greg Miller was again on Sprot 927 and reiterated that Danny Frawley will coach us in 2004. He said he has complete faith in him.

I will repeat again what I have being saying for months (and by the way Laff & Diggler have confirmed this in the past few days) - Frawley isn't going anywhere - he will see out his contract

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Yes Koalli, but will they be strong enough to put up with the feral flock?
More floggings will force there hand and make a sound business decision. That is if Frawley stays the club will be in serious financial trouble next season.
Can they afford to support Frawley to the max?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Lets be honest. Most members on this board are going to renew their memnberships anyway. Would keeping Frawley really do too much damage to memberships. THere are still many that support him aswell.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
shawry said:
Lets be honest. Most members on this board are going to renew their memnberships anyway. Would keeping Frawley really do too much damage to memberships. THere are still many that support him aswell.

It's a bit of an unknown factor shawry. I sat in the red seats for years (wish I still did but I digress) and I know a lot of people there didn't renew their memberships this season.

A massive proportion of them stopped going to games last year over the way Danny treated Knighter. It was the last straw on top of the inept onfield performances.

Some didn't renew because of seating and fixture concerns as well, but the vast majority dropped off when Danny dropped Knighter on the eve of the game that would have written him into the record books.

They gave Danny a pretty decent spray about it in the race too.

To be honest I think memberships will plummet next year unless people see some real direction for the future. I doubt too many have faith now that Danny is the one to bring that to the team.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
rosy3 said:
To be honest I think memberships will plummet next year unless people see some real direction for the future. I doubt too many have faith now that Danny is the one to bring that to the team.

What is this direction for the future they wish to see. I would have thought that Greg Milelrs appointment, Ian Campbells appointment, and most like ly the aggressive tradign adn delisting and drafting at year end would show that. I would nto have thought that Frawley going would do that. Frawley going probably would bring back those that left coz of Knighter, but you never know.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I mean onfield direction shawry. Some heart and spirit and toughness and a decent style of play.
We keep being told how the club is heading in the right direction off field, but I think people want to see something onfield as well.

Still I probably don't have a clue, it's just the opinion I get from talking to people.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
shawry said:
Would keeping Frawley really do too much damage to memberships.

The thing is shawry, even if it means a downturn in memberships, if the Club has undying faith in Danny, then of course they should stick with him and not be swayed by supporters.

If we are ever going to move forward, our Club needs to stand firm with whatever needs to happen.

If they go against their better judgement and let the supporters make decisions for them then we are back where we started.

They should make the decision in the best interests of everyone concerned. Whatever that may be.

As things turn around, people will see that the Club was right in its decision and gain confidence in their ability to make the right decisions.

No good has ever come from the 'forced' decisions made in the past. Why should the result be any different now?

For a change, do the right thing, not the expected/demanded thing.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I know weve been waiting 20 years nad apart from 2 decent seasons we cant see much improvement at all. But with this new administration i feel ti is unfair for people to expect great results continually. The players that are goign to be delisted or traded have been put o nnotice and if they continue to paly like they are currently they will be gone at the end of the eyar. Surely with our season gone now, results are irrelevant. WEd all liek wins but the club cant be judged on teh rest of this years performances when a fair proportion fo the players currently playing ar enot going to be a part of our future anyway.

Jsut my opinion, i say give the new administration time to show what they can before walking the plank.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Miller is not stupid. If he repeatedly states in the media that Frawley is staying, then he is staying. No way is he going to open himself up to ridicule by saying one thing and doing another. If Frawley was going, then Miller would be saying "all positions will be reviewed at the end of the season" or something banal like "Danny has the full support of the club and a contract in place". He is not going to blatantly lie to the Richmond members. The only question is whether Frawley jumps and I imagine that he will only do this if the players aren't playing for him.

Unless there is a premiership coach available to step in, there is NO POINT getting rid of Frawley. The only one that I would consider is Harvey because he has played under, sat next to, and HAD SUCCESS with a Master Coach for years, and allegedly is pulling the strings now at ess. He is also tough and attacking and played exactly that way. Frawley was tough but not attacking. Lambert and O'Donnell have had the success, but are small time coaches. Harvey is the only one that looks primed to take the next step.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Miller and the RFC (Richmond Footballing Circus) will find out the hard way that frawely is a dud coach - after another wasted season and rock bottom memberships. Why does it have to be a forced decision when it is plainly obvious the man has no idea and has lost the players.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Harry said:
Miller and the RFC (Richmond Footballing Circus) will find out the hard way that frawely is a dud coach - after another wasted season and rock bottom memberships. Why does it have to be a forced decision when it is plainly obvious the man has no idea and has lost the players.

Stubborn is as stubborn does.

If they know Danny is not the right person for the job then why would they keep him on?

Conversely, if they have faith in him, why would they get rid of him just to appease the masses?

If they can't assess things by knowing all the ins and outs, and stand their ground, then I don't see how we can have confidence in any other decisions they make either.

We don't need wishy-washy, half-hearted people running this place. We need people who can take the emotion out of things and make the 'right' decisions at the right time.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
MC24 said:
Harry said:

Stubborn is as stubborn does.

If they know Danny is not the right person for the job then why would they keep him on?

Conversely, if they have faith in him, why would they get rid of him just to appease the masses?

If they can't assess things by knowing all the ins and outs, and stand their ground, then I don't see how we can have confidence in any other decisions they make either.

We don't need wishy-washy, half-hearted people running this place. We need people who can take the emotion out of things and make the 'right' decisions at the right time.

Great post MC24, you are indeed a wise poster. Rate your posts highly.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
Thanks for your support shawry. I can use some today.

Haha do you want to try moderating this site for a week MC? I used extraordinary willpower yesterday to not check the board at all. A person can only take so much in a week :rollin