Clangers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clangers

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I read in this weeks Inside Football, the tigers have the 3rd lowest clanger count in the league ???

I could swear this is a mistake but apparently not.

I think the fact that our players rarely support each other that our clangers result in turnovers, where teams like Brisbane, their clangers are cleaned up by their own players.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
You can't have as many turnovers when you don't get as much of the footy as some other teams.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Would Rodan's last minute shimmy that got him nailed by Wells classify as a clanger??

If so, I wouldn't mind those because whilst we need a team plan and discipline we also need someone prepared to take the opposition on and create something.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
dear little Bowdo got SEVEN in one game
??? ;D ;D ;D ???

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
The reason players like Bowden turn it over is because they lack direction and a solid game plan created by guess who. They will probably trade Bowden and the end of the year and I hope for his sake they do and maybe he will be spared a football life of misery

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Dont think im sticking up for bowdo (why would i ever do that? ::)).....but.....I think some of his turnovers are because no one gives him a lead, so he'll kick it to a pack and it results in a turnover.... ::)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I realyl do rate Joel Bowden highly but he does *smile* me off with the dumb things he does.

Anyone remember 2001 at teh G against the Crows (i was at the game) and Bowden took a mark and then decided to juggle it by throwing it up in the air and moving forward a little bit further thinking he could fool the umps even though it looked so obvious. Was deemed to have played on and he got tackled holding the ball. Jsut plain dumb.

And his constant dummies occasionally comeo ff but he seems to do them at strange times after he has had enough time to kick it.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
shawry said:
I realyl do rate Joel Bowden highly but he does p!ss me off with the dumb things he does.

Anyone remember 2001 at teh G against the Crows (i was at the game) and Bowden took a mark and then decided to juggle it by throwing it up in the air and moving forward a little bit further thinking he could fool the umps even though it looked so obvious. Was deemed to have played on and he got tackled holding the ball. Jsut plain dumb.
Hadn't he done it before and got away with it? I seem to have a memory of him doing and getting away with it, then trying again and getting nailed.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I an only recall the once Goddess but probably only coz he got pinged for it. Very possible he has done it before. That did look bad that time though, my mate has hated him ever since.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
what about that great spoiling attempt on carey last saturday!!!! Almost looked like he wanted to give carey a nice big cuddle!!

GET RID OF THE SOFT, SLACK and PATHETIC LOSER!!!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Yeah, I remember that one Shawry. He had got away with it a couple of weeks earlier, and it gained him a few metres towards goal.

The time he got pinged against Adelaide, he was only 30m out, and no real need to gain metres, we were 3 goals to nothing, and when he got caught, we turned it over, the Crows got their first goal and the whole momentum of the game changed.

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
Its no wonder the opposition fans reckon we would eat our young.
According to most of you guys Richo's a dud - Bowden's a wimp & Campo's an average player.

Well let me tell you Richo has been the main bright light in the last 10 miserable years following the Tiges - most of Bowdens kicks are long and penetrating (even allowing his bad are real bad at times) & Campo has been near the top of our hard ball gets & all other ball gets for many years.

You know the worst thing barracking for Richmond is listening to all this whinging about our star players at footy week in & week out & having this reputation amongst the footy world. Have your say here but not at the footy!!!!!!

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
Re:Clangers-g0tigers

Happy to be corrected on that in this forum but it is not uncommon in some quarters to underrate Campbo's worth.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
AT LEAST BOWDEN CAN GET HIS HANDS ON THE FOOTY FAIRLY REGULARLY UNLIKE MOST OF THEM GETTING A GAME AND I MEAN MOST OF THEM

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Tiger said:
Its no wonder the opposition fans reckon we would eat our young.
According to most of you guys Richo's a dud - Bowden's a wimp & Campo's an average player.

Well let me tell you Richo has been the main bright light in the last 10 miserable years following the Tiges - most of Bowdens kicks are long and penetrating (even allowing his bad are real bad at times)
At times I think the only thing that is penstrating is his head up his own ???
I would not mind if he got the ball only ten times a game,if something good came out of all ten.
Go and watch the boys train every week like I do and keep watching him and try and tell me he dosn't think he is bigger than the game.He even drops the ball a lot at training.