Clarke: "I'm not Brown" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarke: "I'm not Brown"

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney
Clarke: "I'm not Brown"
by STAFF REPORTERS

Rising test cricket star Michael Clarke has broken his silence on rumours that he is also Richmond goal sneak Nathan Brown.

"I'm definitely not him," Clarke told thebladder.com. "I'm a cricketer, he's a footballer. He plays for Richmond, I play for Australia. You do the math."

Rumours intensified a fortnight ago when the Richmond players gathered for the first week of their pre-season, following a memo from coach Terry Wallace that said "attendance is compulsory" and that he would take "a dim view of players turning up pissed, stoned, unshaven, or wearing lairy pink T-shirts." Brown has yet to appear at one of the club's official training sessions.

When asked to explain Brown's absence, Richmond Football Director Greg Miller responded by saying Brown would be away "until November-ish. He was wrapped on the knuckles during, um, a charity match for ING, or some other interstate thing. Then he split the webbing on his left hand after putting down a difficult chance, high and to his left, while attempting to catch an outside edge off, ahh, Matthew Richardson's boot. He'll be back on deck soon."

But Clarke was unable to convince journalists travelling with the Australian team that he wasn't Nathan Brown after some pointed questions yesterday.

"I've always held the cricket bat funny and I've always played my cricket in footy boots," he told reporters. "They give much better grip on loose surfaces like the Bangalore pitch, and give excellent purchase on the ball when kicking it away from the stumps. Just out of interest though, how many laps of the Tan did Terry get the boys to do?"

http://www.thebladder.com.au/content/news/displayContent.asp?CID=2838&EID=275