Clinton Casey and the board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clinton Casey and the board

yellowandblack

I'm a llama!
Jul 22, 2003
Does anyone else smell a rat with this election campaign?From reports on the Tigers Yahoo group Casey tried to deter Clayton and Gianopolous from nominating then called for everyone and there cat to nominate. He also allegedly quoted grossly exagerated costs of running an election to them. The Oscar woman announced her intention to nominate then a week later suddenly discovered her business interests wouldn't allow her to devote enough time on the board.Then a Casey coterie mate suddenly nominates. Almost a Casey clone if you read about his interests in aged care and property development.Is Casey trying to feather his own nest by having mates on the board who might come in handy next time there's a vote for president? Is there one of the incumbants Casey would rather not be reelected? There could bemore to the election than it seems. Then again maybe been watching too many spy movies lol.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Its politics.
I am sure Casey is trying to build a board to his liking. So what. Vote for who you think will do the best job.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
yellowandblack said:
Does anyone else smell a rat with this election campaign?From reports on the Tigers Yahoo group Casey tried to deter Clayton and Gianopolous from nominating then called for everyone and there cat to nominate. He also allegedly quoted grossly exagerated costs of running an election to them. The Oscar woman announced her intention to nominate then a week later suddenly discovered her business interests wouldn't allow her to devote enough time on the board.Then a Casey coterie mate suddenly nominates. Almost a Casey clone if you read about his interests in aged care and property development.Is Casey trying to feather his own nest by having mates on the board who might come in handy next time there's a vote for president? Is there one of the incumbants Casey would rather not be reelected? There could bemore to the election than it seems. Then again maybe been watching too many spy movies lol.

VERY good observation yellowandblack although I hope to God you're independent and not either giannopolous or clayton (or one of their supporters) :mad:

This info could definitely assist the campaigns of those two gentlemen.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Don't worry yellowandblack I have had exactly the same thoughts!! Itll be interesting to see how people vote. 8)

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com
Interesting theory guys......I only just started getting into the elections but I tell you what if I find what you are saying to be true......then its time we try and get as many as Casey's mates out of there so that he can be next.

Phillip Walsh Fan

I'm a llama!
Oct 9, 2003
My first post after reading PRE for many many months.
Here's the thing, first we laud the Pres for ploughing in $1.3 large and saving the Club from the banks this past season.
Then we concoct a conspiracy theory surrounding the Case that even Oliver Stone would find amazing... ???
We probably have the richest Prez in the league and he is putting his money up. Surely he is entitled to say this is the team I want to turn the ship around and yet we bag him remorselessly.
Our cycncism and negativity never ceases to astound me...

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Years and years of mediocrity in all departments and constant denial by those who perpetuate this mediocrity will do that to even the most resilient fan. ;)

So Casey is rich. Big Deal! If it wasn't possible for him to make business contacts and score lucrative contracts (such as the re-building works that were done at punt rd.) IMO Clinton would still be an Essendon Coterie member.

And yes he put his money in but let's not forget he has presided over the team that made the loss in the first place!!

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I wonder how much Casey's fortune has increased since becoming President of the Richmond Football Club?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Phillip Walsh Fan said:
My first post after reading PRE for many many months.
Here's the thing, first we laud the Pres for ploughing in $1.3 large and saving the Club from the banks this past season.
Then we concoct a conspiracy theory surrounding the Case that even Oliver Stone would find amazing... ???
We probably have the richest Prez in the league and he is putting his money up. Surely he is entitled to say this is the team I want to turn the ship around and yet we bag him remorselessly.
Our cycncism and negativity never ceases to astound me...

Casey can endorse who he likes- no argument from me there. The problem is that it seems unfair that new nominees do not appear to have an even crack from the club. I think most members would like more info on both the current board and also the new nominees.
I have no problem with Casey myself, but I question the value of having guys like Jewell on the board- what else could he have to offer- especially when we do have an ex-player on the board already in Welsh.
The board (and any board of any business for that matter) needs to be turned over now and then to keep the flow of fresh ideas and methods in the process, and the club (the incumbent board) seems unwilling to encourage this.
There needs to be more transparency and flexibility in the electoral process at Richmond, and new nominees should be not only encouraged but promoted.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
This thread is the same as "Casey endorses incumbents", isn't it?

Having said that, I reckon the question has to be asked: could a successful challenger(s) do any worse than some of the Old Guard?

What have we got to lose by voting in one or more new chums?

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
as voting members of the RFC, WE have to power to elect who we want.

I just hope the counting of the votes is done correctly.

Its going to be very interesting, like all elections, people promise this and that and when elected, forget all the promises they made.

I want someone on the board that is passionate and devoted. Yesterday I recieved the ballots and information regarding the candidate's.

Its great to write they will do this and that, but without informing us how they will accomplish it, its means nothing to me.

We'll I guess I tick my three preferences and fax the proxy.

yellowandblack

I'm a llama!
Jul 22, 2003
Phillip Walsh Fan said:

Casey's personal wealth is irelevant and shouldn't give any extra entitlements to him.He is a professional president in it for his own benefit. He is an Essendon man who was rejected by another club before he was elected at Richmond. It's good of him to offer a low risk guarantee but don't forget he is the person who's been at the helm while the "ship" has sunk to this financial low.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com
yellowandblack said:
He is an Essendon man who was rejected by another club before he was elected at Richmond. It's good of him to offer a low risk guarantee but don't forget he is the person who's been at the helm while the "ship" has sunk to this financial low.

Maybe its been at this low because of mis-management which ultimately is his responsibility, is it not?

Im a bit sceptical about the whole Essendon man issue.....doesnt sit well with my stomach.