Clinton King, whats the point! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clinton King, whats the point!

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
If 3 possessions in two games warrants another game, Spud has really no idea. This chihuhua amongst greyhounds has to be dumped for good.

Other than that it was a good win, but I wont get to excited until they play decent football against quality opposition. Dont start queing for finals tickets yet ferals ;D

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Let it be known that on Monday 14/4/03 I, KL am posting to say I AGREE with Diggles :-\

About dropping King that is.

On a day when he should have excelled in the conditions - he failed miserable. Granted lack of game time but he is just not up to it. Not strong enough. He looked like a wet tea-towel hanging on the clothes-line after a downpour ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I hate hearing Clinton King bagged.
I think he can be used to measure the improvement in our team over the last couple of years.
Sadly Clinton was the one of the very few players we had willing to put his body on the line.
I admire him immensely for his courage, especially considering his size.
We have several players willing to do the hard stuff now...Cogs, Rodan, Johnson, Newman, Stafford,
Fleming etc.
That means Clintons place in the side is on pretty shaky ground now, but in my opinion he did his bit when he had to.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
cmon rosy you must be honest with urself!!!! Not bagging you but how can u still warrant kings position in the side!!!! Numerous time i saw him try and put a tackle on and all they did was run straight passed him!!!! He MUST be dropped and someone else given a go!!!! Had richo played we would never had seen fleming, but rather king in the side!!!! Its not fair on other players who i believe deserved at least a chance to show what they have!!! Instead king has not played a decent game for months now and somehow remains in the team!!! I would love to see nicholls being given a chance infront of king!!!!

MUST BE DROPPED THIS WEEK!!!! If not frawley really has some answering to do!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
frawleyudud said:
cmon rosy you must be honest with urself!!!! Not bagging you but how can u still warrant kings position in the side!!!!

Read my post fud.....elmer. ;D

I think Clinton's unlikely to stay in the team. I still don't see the need to bag him. Play him for Coburg by all means, but remember the games when he put his body on the line despite his limitations.

That wasn't saying he warrants a position in the side at all....far from it. But I don't think he warrants the bagging he gets either.

He's shown more balls than a lot of our higher rated players, and though he might struggle to fit in the team now, he did his bit when it was needed in the past and hardly got any appreciation on the boards at all.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rosy, I think the baggings directed at frawely and the selection panel for selecting him week in week out. I don't think the bagging is directed at him personally.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Would much rather see McGrath, Krak, Nicholls, Hyde, Mills in the team than King. King has reached his peak IMO and has no more room for improvement.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
Clinton is not going so well and should go back to the magoos to get a run under his belt and earn his spot in the Team. As for his replacement, how about giving Vardy a run? ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I meant to add that in that last post Harry because Kingy has copped a fair bit on the boards over the years.

If Clinton isn't up to it don't hang it on him, hang it on those who select him.

I'm forever greatful to the guy for helping get us over the line against the Dogs last year. Was in our best players, despite having stitches in his hand where he ripped the webbing apart early in the game.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Definitely agree that it is time for Clinton King to be delisted. If i had my way he would not have been in the team Rd 1. He has had his chance to show that last year's lack of form carries on to this year and is just not figuring into our plans anymore. I agree when Richo comes back next week he needs to be demoted.

Jsut so you know i am a Richmond supporter who lives in Adelaide and am grateful to have finally found a board like this i can post Richmond. I thank you for letting me join in.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome to the site shawry :).....and thanks for the rain sent over from Adelaide, ha.
A lot of happy smiling farmers around today, and if they happen to be Tiger supporters as well the smile is bigger. :D :D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Welcome aboard shawry.

On this site there are 2 sides. Good and evil - the realists and the optimists.

You can choose who you can side with. LOL.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
Harry and JohnF. Like father like son.
Shawry- choose the light. Those who turn to the dark side cannot return ( without dying anyway ). When you are on the side of light, you can change to the darkside anytime. All you need to do is give in to your anger.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Welcome shawry to PRE :)

rosy3 said:
I think he can be used to measure the improvement in our team over the last couple of years.
We have several players willing to do the hard stuff now...Cogs, Rodan, Johnson, Newman, Stafford, Fleming etc.

I agree with rosy. Before the above arrived, both Kingy and Campo were forced to play the inside midfielder role to which both were not suited (one due to his size, the other due to it not being his natural position). They played those roles because there was no one else to do that role. Supporters blamed them for the side's deficiency in the midfield when the blame should of been laid at those after '95 who replaced all of hard at the ball players with skilled outside players instead of coming up with a balance between the two. Looks like now we are getting that balance right and sadly for kingy the harsh reality of footy means he'll struggle to get a game.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
This is my first post as well and without getting onto the dark side I have to say before ever reading this site I had the same opinion as well towards King. Yep he's a trier, but he just doesn't have it for today's game. IMO the Tiges need to give some young blokes a go that have potential worth exploring so that we can develop a side that is hard at it and shows some promise, like the young Roo's. Even if we don't always win I'd like to see the Tigers playing exciting, passionate footy like we started to play back with Northey. A new generation of young guns mixed with a few of the good old stagers could provide this, not bad lightweights like CK. Having said that we must still respect the guy. He wears the yellow and black!!

Go Tiges!!!!!!!!! ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tenacious Tiges said:
we must still respect the guy. He wears the yellow and black!!

Not only wears it, tried his heart out for it. Hopefully the young guys will have that much endevour now there is a changing of the guard.

Welcome to P.R.E TT... :)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I like to think i am a bit of both optimist and realist. I think the optimist side takes over though, i am always having to constantly defend my boys from *smile* Power and Crows supporters over here. Luckily i know about 5 other Richmond supporters here too so it is not so bad, i even work with one.

I honestly belive we ar egoing palces and was impressed with what i saw yesterday. I jsut belive we need ot get the confidence back, keep your skill level errors to an absolute minimum which will come wiht confidence and we should be fine. I am not expecting a grand final or anything but i belive we are on the right path and improving.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
And ditto to Duncan Kellaway. There is no logical spot for him in the team. His new job will be at pre match at Punt Road, looking good in his black suit, handing out lolly bags to the children before they get onto the tiger jumping castle ;D

And King can run the sausage sizzle.