Coburg Defeat Bendigo. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg Defeat Bendigo.

trappedathalfback

Tiger Rookie
Jan 6, 2005
Melbourne
Coburg:
3.3, 6.4, 12.6, 17.11.113

Bendigo:
2.1, 3.6, 3.6, 6.6.42

Goals:
Mcguane 4, Limbach 4, Rix 2, Gilmour 2, Hall 1, N.Raines 1, Jorgenson 1,
Strachan 1, Burton 1.

Speckies: Rix

Coburg won convincingly over all of the ground.
Even Sunshine took a few good marks in the first half.
Coughlan got through the three quarters he played and
Hall and Stafford played most of the game.

Good Report trappedathalfback 8)
just got home myself Go Burgers ;D

steveo_999 said:
how did coughlan play trappedathalfback?

Cheers :beer :beer

I think he was one of the best while he was on. I put him in the top 3.
Other players I liked were Dean Limbach and Luke Mcguane. There were
other players that were good as well.

Good stuff, our 1st's spanked their 2nd's and our 2nds spanked their 3rd's.

Limbach and Mcguane kicking 4 is a good sign.One of those 2 could be our next full forward.

baktiger said:
One thing that's occured to me... No Zantuck! Apparently he didn't play at Morwell
either.

It says in Inside Football that Ty will be out for another couple of weeks with a back injury.

tigerbro said:
can someone give an update on how meyer, polo, pattison all played?

I'll have a try...

Danny Meyer played a reasonable game. Spent time in the middle and got his hands on the footy plenty of times. Was supported well by Coughlan. Meyer is very clean when handling the ball. Play's in a similar mould to Matthew Knight's.

Dean Polo spent time on a wing and in the middle. Again, supported by Coughlan. Read's the play well and can kick on either side of the body. Will need to improve with disposal & choosing the correct option, but nevertheless...was servicable.

Pattison played CHF and spent time in the ruck. Is learning to play the toughest positions on the ground and will be a real bonus for tiger fans, if his development continues to improve. Moves well for a big man and did some handy things on Sunday. Expect him to play senior footy in the 2nd half of  2005.

Wil Thurstfield played full back and looked OK. Reads the ball well in the air and sticks very close to his opponent. Made a error not punching from behind, allowing his direct opponent to mark 15m from goal.
Is a project player and expect to see him in a variety of positions this year...(could well be elevated to the senior list).

That's about it...however, I have noticed other posts re Gilmour this evening. Although I'm keen for Alex to "shine", I have waited 12 months before assessing him. Alex has matured physically & will need to start concentrated on making an impact on a game of football. Has played alot of footy up forward and does tend to take alot of marks out in front on the chest. Will need to start beating opponents in the air. And at ground level, will need to become highly competative. Still very young, but must remain seriously focused.

Even though it was a convincing win by Coburg, i heard from one of my friends from Bendigo Bombers that they only had one Essendon listed player in their entire team for the match. I know you can only play against the team that your confronted with, but i still think its a bit early to get excited about many of the performances from the match.

UltimateFreq said:
"...I still think its a bit early to get excited about many of the performances from the match."

I hope my comments don't reveal too much excitement; They were purely based on observation; I was trying to provide some feedback for others.