Coburg Lost | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg Lost

The scoreline indicates a typical cold, windy Ballarat day too.  Here's hoping someone went and can give us a bit of a run down of the game, though it doesn't look like there will be too many positives.

first of all i would like to thank the CFC for making the 200km round trip well worth it.100kms per goal. :p[wish i could get that mileage per litre out of my car ;D

to rosy it wasnt that bad weather wise actually[bearable]a bit of drizzle in the last half.
as you already know the scores i wont bother.
it was a very richmond like performance but full credit to nth ballarat they played as a team.
we do i begin?
*we kicked to f/fwd ala like we do to richo except there was no richo but houlihan.
*no system when going fwd from the h/b line onwards.
*we played as individuals and not as a team.
there was really no-one who would warrant a promotion to the senior side[altho thats not a hard thing to do these days].maybe perhaps morrison who did present himself all day and tuck was ok but down on other weeks.

OTHERS
DK-wasnt our worst and put in all day.a great voss like pass too houlihan was the highlight ;D[actually it went of the side of the boot].
ROGERS-clearly he is just making up the numbers.no interest at all.
DRAGGA-was hot and cold.did a few nice things.
MARSH-did well at the tap outs but was crap around the ground[conditions didnt suit].
FLEMMING-typical game.gave away a 50m penalty.coughed up the ball on a number of occasions but tried hard.
JACKSON-got fair bit of ground time in both halfs of the ground and did a few nice things but nothing spectacular.
GILMOUR-played on wymmn[sp]? at h/b and was lead to the ball by him.then moved and like jackson a few nice things but nothing to write home about.
WELLER-good god i think this gamble with him has failed.
HOULIHAN-not enough oppotunity up fwd.
MOORE-saunders took a few good grabs early on but as the game went on it was an even contest.
HARTIGAN-hardly seen in the 1st half.a better 2nd half.

foley and raines played in the 2nds.

i also must say what a great setup the Nth Ballarat club have.great amenities.

Young Tiger said:
How did Bidders and Jurica play for Nth Ballarat J2R?
from what i recall bidders played a good game while jurica was servicable at best.

KB29 said:
North Ballarat defeated the Coburg Tigers by 26 points at the Northern Oval, 8.11 (59) to 4.9 (33). The Roosters set up what turned out to be a match-winning lead with an opening quarter of 5.4 while keeping Coburg scoreless.

A feature was the return to senior football of Hugh Foott, who finished with three goals. VFL representatives Marc Greig in defence and Julian Field continued their good form for the Roosters. But on the injury front, ruckman/forward Stephen Jurica was knocked out and taken to hospital, Chris O'Keeffe dislocated his shoulder and Nathan Saunders has a sore jaw which will need to be X-rayed.

The win lifts North Ballarat into third place on the ladder above Tasmania, which this week has the bye.
good god this has to be one of the most inept game reports in the history of afl/vfl.
what booth got wrong:
the final score was from the 2nds.
jurica wasnt the player who got knocked out.

Sounds like the Richmond rejects reaped their revenge!

[just thought I'd try some alliteration on a cold Castlemaine morning]

Coburg Tigers V. North Ballarat
Monday 28 June 2004
It was a disappointing day out for the Coburg Tigers in their clash against the in form North Ballarat side on Saturday. In slippery wet conditions a crowd in excess of 600 saw a depleted Coburg outfit receive a reality check for the second half of the season.

RESERVES

The reserves, once again fell victim to a disappointing first half, which forced them to come from behind for the remainder of the game. In the end, the Burgers fell short by 26 points.

Young tigers, Andrew Raines and Nathan Foley joined the reserves and had a significant impact on the game although received little support from their teammates. Andrew Maggiore and Leigh McDonald were serviceable rotating through the midfield; however it was Steve Daniher who was best on ground with his penetrating left foot giving the side plenty of drive moving forward.

It was a physical encounter with the Burgers struggling in the wet conditions playing their best football in the second half, leaving their efforts too little too late.

Despite the loss, the side has managed to maintain 6th position on the ladder with the real test being this weekend against ladder leaders Port Melbourne, which is sure to be a challenging encounter for Steinfort and his chargers.

SENIORS

Although senior coach David Flood was disappointed with the result of Saturday’s game, he was much pleased with the effort of his core group of players.

Struggling for a dominant forward, the Burgers only scored 2 goals for the match with only 12 scoring shots to North Ballarat’s 24. Coburg trailed for the entire game however showed glimpses of a comeback early in the final term. The wet conditions favoured North Ballarat with the in and under players dominant throughout the game.

Courageous captain, Leigh Carlson was best on ground with 12 possessions but it was his work off the ball that secured his honours. Tiger Duncan Kellaway was back in form with 19 possessions and Shane Morrison was a focal target up forward. Tough nut, Ryan Pagan showed his presence around the ball and Shane Tuck, with 22 possessions was good through the midfield.

Despite the loss Coburg has managed to maintain 6th position as they take on ladder leaders Port Melbourne this Sunday in a feature match at the Punt Road Oval.

To book in to the luncheon prior to the match, please contact Sacha on 9426 4489.

VENUE: Richmond Social Club

TIME: Midday Sharp

Guest Speaker: Ray Jordan – Triple Bests& Fairest for Coburg Tigers

-
former Australian cricketer

-
former Richmond U’19’s coach

PRICE: $25.00 (includes meal and the warmest seats in the house to watch the game from)

Our Next game is against Port Melbourne at the Punt Road Oval on Sunday the 4th of July
Reserves: 11:10am
Seniors: 2:00pm

Go the Burgers

http://coburgtigers.goal.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=29436

johnson2richo2003 said:
The Man said:
Did Roach Play????????
roach played in the magoos.

Roach was unwell and didn't play at all. Raines and Foley played in the magoos because of a limit on the number of Richmond listed players that could play in Coburg firsts.