Coburg Membership | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg Membership

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
Has anyone else bought a Coburg membership this year? At $27 for RFC members it seems damn good value. I intend to try to get to a few games this year (especially to watch Raines and Roach play ;)).

Having Des Ryan at Coburg will also make a big difference IMHO. A great Richmond man, who's put his heart and soul into our club both on and off the field.

I reckon it's about time we returned the favour - so let's support the kids and get behind the Coburg Tigers. ;D ;D

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
As much as I dont like Coburg being attached to Richmond, $27 is a great deal for a membership.

Why I dont like the Coburg deal ??? Phil Cleary, thats why. He was in politics and that says it all. Wants to run the show himself.

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
Know exactly where you are coming from NW. But I'm not going along to cheer the Prez, I'm going to cheer the kids playing and dream of what might be for the tiges in years to come.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
nwonash said:
Why I dont like the Coburg deal ??? Phil Cleary, thats why. He was in politics and that says it all. Wants to run the show himself.

Well, what you do then is get the $66 membership - and vote him
out next time they have an election!

It's quite strange really... all the different opinions on Cleary.
You reckon he wants to run the show himself - but others think
he in the RFC's pockets. One thing I do know, he is acutely aware
that Coburg wouldn't exist without the RFC.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Bak is the Richhmond Coburg membership different to a Coburg membership?
I assumed it was a full membership at a discount price.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
rosy3 said:
Bak is the Richhmond Coburg membership different to a Coburg membership?
I assumed it was a full membership at a discount price.

The way it was when Cleary got elected was that only "full"
members got to vote for the pres whereas "Richmond"
Coburg didn't.
I don't think they've changed that - but then again, they've not
had an AGM - so it might all have changed. I'm just presuming
that it hasn't. Also, last year "full" members got the occasional
phone call asking them to lob at various "meetings" but last
year was a funny one!

onsl

Tiger Cub
Dec 6, 2003
vflfooty.dyndns.org
Most VFL clubs with an AFL alignment have a non-voting membership, which they sell to AFL clubs members.

I guess it is to prevent the AFL clubs members turning up at the AGM and putting through massive changes that would affect the club.

cheers,
ons.
http://vflfooty.com