Coburg Praccy Matches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg Praccy Matches

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I e-mailed Coburg a couple of weeks ago asking for info on their team and training etc and was told the information would be e-mailed to me to post on here as soon as it was available.

I haven't had the e-mail yet, bit it says in the Herald Sun article about Marsh that he played in a Coburg practice game yesterday afternoon.

Does anyone have any details of the praccy matches and how the Richmond players are going?

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
got this from bomberblitz rosy.while it contained 99% bomber crap ;D.he did mention afew tigers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wandered down to Moorabbin to watch the Bendigo Bombers play against the Coburg Tigers. Something's wrong at Moorabbin - the centre square wasn't flooded.

We had Henneman, Watson, Walsh and Lovett-Murray playing, so I suspect they're not playing tomorrow night. Henno and L-M did come off at half-time, so who knows?

Other senior-listed players playing were Alvey, Reynolds, Hunt, Nash, Dyson and Nash and of the rookies Lovett, Summers, Davies and Wilson played (as well as L-M). Cosgriff was there but didn't play.

Luke Hawkins and Josh Madden were the only other guys I knew, but there was also a big guy called Campbell played well. No Slash!

There was a reasonable breeze blowing (2-3 goals I'd say) and we kicked against it in the first quarter. There was no scoreboard and no siren but my notes of the scores had us win 15.7-9.10. We were about 3 up at 3/4 but they kicked the first 3 of the last to have it close, but we then kicked away.

Goalkickers were :Hawkins 3, Davies 2, Dyson, Alvey, Watson, Walsh, Lovett, Nash and Nos 27, 32 and 43 and Campbell

Of our players : Henneman - took a couple of nice marks at CHF and was reasonably prominent early.
Watson - quiet early, made a bad blue to concede a goal but was excellent during the last 3 quarters, till he came off with what looked like an ankle injury with about 10 to go. It caused Sheeds to come onto the ground, but it didn't look as bad as first thought....but, what do I know?
Alvey - had a reasonable input, not dominant
Walsh - did a bit, had a couple of great runs setting up goals.
Reynolds - came into it more, went for some huge hangers, but like Alvey and Henno, it was his first run.
Hunt - makes the odd blue, but backed himself and ran a fair bit. Took some good marks.
Dyson - very one-sided to me, but that side is a beauty. Gets out on his own a bit.
Nash - looks better in close. Got into it more as the game went on.

The rookies all went well - Both Lovett and Lovett-Murray are excitement machines. Davies played the best I've ever seen him. Wilson marked strongly down back and kicked pretty well. Summers did a few good things. Plenty of pace.

There were probably 150 or so there. Saw Ces, Barny, Peter Jackson, Doc Reid and a lot of the support staff. A few of the senior players were also there including Solly with his cast.

For Coburg, Joel Bowden played the first half. Didn't recognize too many of them, but they've got a few pretty good players. Danny Frawley and Darren Crocker were behind us and they were saying Shane Tuck and (I think) Alex Gilmour were doing well. It looked like Duncan Kellaway who played early, but someone else was definitely wearing No 3 in the last part. Ryan O'Connor was running round a bit...didn't play, but he is playing for them this year.

Can't say how much it means - but our depth looks pretty damn quick....except for Jobe, who just doesn't need to be quick. They just don't lay a hand on him in close.