Coburg vs Box Hill (2nd Elimination Final) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg vs Box Hill (2nd Elimination Final)

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
SENIORS - 2nd Elimination Final
Coburg Tigers v Box Hill Hawks
Saturday 28th August
Box Hill City Oval at 2.00pm

Coburg Tigers

B: Talbot Carlson Jorgenson
HB: Tuck Morrison Fiora
C: Caruso Dragicevic Randello
HF: Isailovic Young Houlihan
F: Gilmour Moore Foley
R: O'Connor Pagan Fletcher
Inter: Raines Kuret Maggiore Rayson Archibald
Owen Carlyle Daniher

Box Hill Hawks

B: Ball Breese Thurgood
HB: Lonie Barlow Clifton
C: Osborne Sewell Bateman
HF: B. Kane Alleway Cox
F: Greene Campbell Barker
R: Rix Tallis Height
Inter: Bailey Batchelor Brewer Harvey Howart Miller
Neagle Pugsley O'Grady Rudolph Taylor Wilson

Roach has a knee injury, so that's why he hasn't been named. If we make it through, I wonder if he will play again, I heard that it wasn't too serious but we may have to make the Grand Final in order to give him enough time to recover!

Hammerfire said:
How did Archibald and Fiora qualify??????????

Archibald because of his long-term injury, Fiora (I'd say) because Richmond are playing today.

I doubt Fiora would be able to play next week (assuming Coburg win......)

I can't belive this is being played at Box Hill's home ground.Glad it is though,I'll be there today.Go Burgers.

Lost

Coburg: 2-1, 6-6, 7-9, 8-11-59
BoxHill: 1-4, 2-8, 5-11, 9-14-68

Goals: Tuck 3, Morrison 1, Archibald 1, Moore 1, Foley 1, Houlihan 1

BoxHill just wanted it more. We fell down a lot in the foward
fifty. Could have kicked a bit straighter for goal (lucky BoxHill
didn't!!!).

The back half stood up really well.

Yeh I went today too Baktiger.Very dissapointing.We dominated to half time but in the 3rd quarter you could feel the Dawks building a head of steam.Flood coached very poorly for mine.Allowed too many lose Dawk men in the back line.

Fiona was very good I thought.So was Houlahoop and Tuck.Disposal generally at times was attrocious but thats magoos I guess.

Can someone explain to me who sees more Burger games why Gilmore can't get any time on the ball.This is the third game I've seen him play forward pocket changing bench!

I saw Buck Rogers in the crowd,why couldn't he and Kellaway.D play for Burgers the last few games?They probably would've been the difference today.

Fletcher played his last game with the Tigers for sure.

Moore was good.He will be a player for many years I suspect.Just don't put him on the Fiona weight gain program.

geeze there were some top speckies.I reckon I saw more speckies today than Richmonds whole season.

I couldn't see who took that one on the far wing.But it was a blinder.Might have been Jorgenson.

Osborne a Barker took a couple of blinders.

Archibald showed a bit but has a bit of a way to go.Wonder if he'll stay on the list.

evo said:
Fiona was very good I thought.So was Houlahoop and Tuck.Disposal generally at times was attrocious but thats magoos I guess.
Except both Fiona and Houlas missed reletively easy goals  :'(

Can someone explain to me who sees more Burger games why Gilmore can't get any time on the ball.This is the third game I've seen him play forward pocket changing bench!

He's been out of sorts for awhile now. Seems to make
mistakes - poor decisions, less confident than usual. Might
be carrying an injury?

I saw Buck Rogers in the crowd,why couldn't he and Kellaway.D play for Burgers the last few games?They probably would've been the difference today.
D. Kellaway was there as well - he said he lobbed from the
Richmond game, was there just before the end of the third.

geeze there were some top speckies.I reckon I saw more speckies today than Richmonds whole season.

I couldn't see who took that one on the far wing.But it was a blinder.Might have been Jorgenson.
It was Leroy (Leigh Carlson). He seemed to have some
kind of leg injury about halfway through the third quarter.
That might have made a difference as well - in that third
quarter, we could hardly set up a goal...
Osborne a Barker took a couple of blinders.

Bloody Barker. And Tallis is an *smile*.

The number of down field frees Coburg got was fairly
high - and that's with our favourite umpire even! (number 1).

Archibald showed a bit but has a bit of a way to go.Wonder if he'll stay on the list.

I hope so. He hasn't been able to play a lot of footy this
year, and in the few games he's had, he's shown enough
for me.

Thanks for the report on the game people, at least it seems that they looked ok for a while longer than Richmond yesterday......      :(

One has to feel sorry for Coburg in the way they have been treated in the last few weeks, any decent Richmond player has been taken away from them and then returned without any confidence, motivation or form.

It must make it hard for them to develop much of a team game, and along with the off-field Coburg dramas I reckon that there have been a few too many distractions to allow a decent tilt at the finals.

Overall Coburg exceeded my expectations this season, and I wasn't unhappy at all with the way some of our kids developed in the team.

"Archibald showed a bit but has a bit of a way to go.Wonder if he'll stay on the list."

IIRC when you get drafted you get a minimum 2-year contract, so if he gets himself right he has twelve months to properly prove himself.

Ready

Ready said:

"Archibald showed a bit but has a bit of a way to go.Wonder if he'll stay on the list."

IIRC when you get drafted you get a minimum 2-year contract, so if he gets himself right he has twelve months to properly prove himself.

Ready
Good point ready but wasn't Archibald a  special case because he was put on the long term injury list to allow Moore on from the rookie list?

Anyway he deserves to play on next season from what i've seen.

What does IIRC? mean.I've seen that a few times and been dying to know.