Coburg vs Sandringham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg vs Sandringham

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Coburg Tigers v Sandringham
Saturday 31st July
Coburg City Oval at 1.30pm

Coburg Tigers

B: Carlson Young Weller
HB: Jorgenson Talbot Nichols
C: A. Raines Coughlan Tuck
HF: Roach O'Connor Morrison
F: Fletcher Blumfield Foley
R: Marsh Pagan Kuret
Inter: Rayson Randello Caruso Daniher
Owen Burke N. Raines Maggiore

Sandringham

B: C. Liddell Lamb Carroll
HB: Mills Ferguson Hunter
C: Newman Williams Biddlecombe
HF: Armstrong Crowe Sylvia
F: Fisher Sautner O'Keeffe
R: Jamar Godfrey Gallagher
Inter: Johnson Bell McLean Jolly Rigoni McDonald
Bizzell Gadsden Ward Bishop Hall L. Smith

I'm a bit confused about the date and time though. My fixture
says it's Sunday 1st Aug at 2.00pm. It would be
a bummer if it really was on Saturday!

baktiger said:

Des Ryan says:

"As far as we have been told the game is on Sunday commencing 2.10pm."

TigersGoddess said:
baktiger said:
Inter: N. Raines
I'm assuming that's Nick Raines, Andrew's older brother? ??? I know he was on Brisbane's list and was delisted last year didn't know he was playing for Coburg?

it is andrew older brother i think he just moved from SA's port

baktiger said:

From the VFL site:

Coburg Tigers v Sandringham - Game Time
Friday 30 July 2004
Please note there was an error in the Herald Sun and The Age regarding the starting time of the Coburg Tigers v Sandringham match this Sunday 1st August. This match will start at 2.00pm - not 1.30pm as published.

'Sunshine' kicks 8 straight to win.

Coburg won.

Coburg: 3-2, 5-6, 9-7, 12-10-82
Sandy: 4-1, 7-3, 9-4, 11-8-74

Goals: Morrison 8 (could easily have been 10!), O'Connor 2,
Fletcher 1, Raines 1.

Great win by the Burgers, they looked gone early in the third quarter, but then it was 'The Morro Show'. He took more marks in the second half today than he has all season and kicked pretty well.

Raines had another good game, racking up plenty of touches and laying some good tackles, I would like to see him get a taste of seniors this season, he is far more advanced than Roach IMO.

Weller did a pretty good job on Sautner at Full Back, Marsh was ok in the ruck, and Tucky got plenty of the footy but wasted it at times.

Coughlan played a full game and was reasonable, but with Brown, Jackson, Schulz all back this week, he can have another run at Coburg.

Anyone know why Gilmour missed todays game??

I think I recall reading that he hurt his groin last week. I hope it is nothing serious.

Coburg Tigers 3.2 5.6 9.7 12.10 (82)
Sandringham 4.1 7.3 9.4 11.8 (74)

Coburg Tigers
Goals: Morrison 8, O’Connor 2, Fletcher, Raines
Best: Morrison, Nicholls, Weller, Foley, Tuck, O’Connor, Coughlan
Sandringham
Goals: Godfrey 3, Saunter 2, Newman 2, Lamb, Sylvia, McClean, Fisher
Best: Gallagher, O’Keefe, Fisher, Williams, Bell, Biddlecombe

Btw in the reserves Archibald kicked a goal but was not in our best, while that N Raines was in the reserves best.

crackertiger said:
Baktiger, did Archibald play reserves today?

How did Axle go?

I was told he played the first half of the reserves.
We didn't get there until the very end of the 2nd quarter
of the reserves.

Oh, and as hammerfine says... N. Raines (A. Raines' older
bro) did some very nice things in the reserves 3rd quarter
to basically help bring then back into the game.

Axle went OK, he tried to give Morro 'Sunshine' his 9th
goal though and stuffed it up... it was a bit funny and
a bit sad at the same time.

Am told he played a full game, but with Richmond due to have a few inclusions he might have another week at Coburg.

A worry is if he comes back in along with Brown, *smile* and Jackson we might do ourselves in at getting a priority pick.

While Geelong will probably beat us, we might give Adelaide a fright over there, we will flog Hawthorn which leaves Sydney at the MCG in Round 22.

I think the Hawks might actually beat us, and it could be a blessing.

That would give them 3 wins, and if they can fluke another one somewhere, we can finish bottom and have top pick. At this stage we have pick 2 and pick 5, we need both the Hawks and Dogs to win a couple of matches in the closing rounds.

With Morrison kicking 8 goals, surely he must be in line for senior selection next week.

Not sure about his contractual situation but give him the opportunity to play the remaining games in the seniors to see if he is worth persevering with.

how Raines did not get into the best players in the paper is amazing - I thought he was just about best player for Coburg with Morrison. Cogs did OK as did Weller. Blumfield was hardly cited. Roach kept coming on and off the ground - do not know what is going on there. One little doubt with Morrison is that he gets sucked in by people behind the goal too much - either he is bored with the game or thinks he is better than what he is. He still drops a lot of marks although his kicking yesterday was very good. *smile* is a better bet though - younger and stronger in the air. Coburg played very well as a team.

jb03 said:
Did Blumfield play? NO mention of him anywhere. IS he contracted next year?

Yes he played. Not very impressive at all. Stuffed up a few things. Dropped
easy marks. Turned it over a few times.
I dunno if he's contracted.

Blumfield isnt contracted next year. At the start of the year I was thinken he might of been the forgotten man who could really help us this year.
I hate to say it but if hes still on our list next year, that will tell me our footy club is still far too soft to make crunch calls.

Also im happy for Morro to kick 8 but if hes there next year id be annoyed too. We dont want players who do 1 good thing every 10 games. We need consistancy. With his size he should eat vfl players but he doesnt and thats why he struggles at afl level.